Bug or typo error on manual? HUD designate with TDC

vctpil
Go to solution Solved by vctpil,

Hi,

On the manual p480, 13.6.2 HUD Designation : "Targets can be designated using the HUD Target Designator (TD) or a piper both in auto and CCIP mode."

In fact, in CDIP mode the TDC designate via the flight path vector, not the pipper.

Cheers,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

2 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

The pickle button will auto designate at the point of the CDIP pipper. In Auto, its done via TDC when caged to the VV. Working correctly, just could be more elaborately worded in the manual. 

Related to CDIP designations….there’s a CDIP bug where any drop with a RPL QTY more than 1 will create a bogus designation approx 160nm away. Single drops I.e STEP will correctly place a designation at the CDIP impact point.

Is this known to dev team? I’ll do a report and track later if not……

17 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

Related to CDIP designations….there’s a CDIP bug where any drop with a RPL QTY more than 1 will create a bogus designation approx 160nm away. Single drops I.e STEP will correctly place a designation at the CDIP impact point.

Is this known to dev team? I’ll do a report and track later if not……

I dont recall seeing that one. Yes, if repeatable, please provide track for that one with a new post.