A/G Loadout: GBU-12B or GBU-12C

RafaPolit

I'm trying to find when should I select the B or C variants of the GBU-12 A/G Loadout configuration on the PACS menu in the F-15E?  The rearm screen can only select GBU-12, it does not distinguish between A or B (like is correctly distinguished in the AIM-120s or AIM-9s, for example).

Which should be used for what?  I don't seem to find anything relevant in the manual either.

Thanks for any insight,

Rafa.

Edited by RafaPolit
Edited for clarity: I'm referring to the loadout config, not which actual ordinance to use.

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

1 hour ago, Ignition said:

I believe it's the same for every model since in DCS we only have 1 type.

Yes, but in the loadout configuration in the PACS menu, you have two options, maybe I didn't make myself clear, I'm sorry.  I have edited the original post, maybe now it's a bit clearer.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, TheGhostOfDefi said:

Hot start id‘s them as C

This is a good hint! I have not done a hot start yet, but it's a good hint.  Thanks a lot!

Edited by RafaPolit

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

GBU-12C is correct for what we have in DCS, GBU-12B is for a variant of the GBU-12 we don’t have yet (fixed fin paveway 1 variant).

GBU-10M is the correct option for what we have in DCS as well.

The other GBU-10 options are for GBU-10 variants that don’t exist in DCS.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, KlarSnow said:

GBU-12C is correct for what we have in DCS, GBU-12B is for a variant of the GBU-12 we don’t have yet (fixed fin paveway 1 variant).

GBU-10M is the correct option for what we have in DCS as well.

The other GBU-10 options are for GBU-10 variants that don’t exist in DCS.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, fededale said:

I selected the B variant after the engine startup and they missed the lasing.🤷‍♂️

Did you load them yourself or in ME? Which Lasercode did you use? Its broken atm. Despite its showing 1511 in Kneeboard and the same in the Laser Code Set pop up, its actually 1688.