Noob Hind questions

Darpa
Go to solution Solved by admiki,

I am just starting to fly the Hind. I am learning to fly as the Pilot first and then will move on to other positions. 4 quick questions:

1) The mirrors seem to have 3 settings... none of which act as mirrors. I firstly get a blue and yellow image in the mirrors, then if I press the mirror button again I get blank mirrors and if I press again the mirrors vanish. Does anyone know how I get real mirror images to appear?

2) How long of a "press up" in the AI settings do you need for the AI Petrovich to free fire a missle. I can get him to search, he will find and then list targets, I can select a target from the list but he never fires a missle. I have a 4 way hat switch set to control his actions and I am using "up long" to try and get him to fire... but he seems to be ignoring me.

3) I have English cockpit set in the "settings" but the cockpit is in Russian only

4) I have no map on the right side in the cockpit. What is needed to turn this on?

Thanks for any help you can offer on these items.

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Darpa said:

I am just starting to fly the Hind. I am learning to fly as the Pilot first and then will move on to other positions. 4 quick questions:

1) The mirrors seem to have 3 settings... none of which act as mirrors. I firstly get a blue and yellow image in the mirrors, then if I press the mirror button again I get blank mirrors and if I press again the mirrors vanish. Does anyone know how I get real mirror images to appear?

2) How long of a "press up" in the AI settings do you need for the AI Petrovich to free fire a missle. I can get him to search, he will find and then list targets, I can select a target from the list but he never fires a missle. I have a 4 way hat switch set to control his actions and I am using "up long" to try and get him to fire... but he seems to be ignoring me.

3) I have English cockpit set in the "settings" but the cockpit is in Russian only

4) I have no map on the right side in the cockpit. What is needed to turn this on?

Thanks for any help you can offer on these items.

1,3 and 4 are all the one problem. I'm guessing you are running multithread version. Go to rearm screen and select another skin. You don't need to click OK, you can just choose another skin and then cancel, it will fix your problems.

2) for the Petro free fire, you still need to line up for him to be able to shoot.

Get that cross into small circle on your HUD and he will shoot, unless line of sight to the target is blocked