F-15E Laser Arm

Mongo67

2 hours ago, Mongo67 said:

Hoping someone can help, I am having an issue with the TGP Laser, I can't arm it, I turn on switch in rear seat and in front.

Am I missing something. any help will be appreciated.

are you flying under 25k feet?

33 minutes ago, Mongo67 said:

about angels 28

Correct as is, then. LANTIRN is an old system with limitations. One of which is the altitude limit of 25,000 ft.

Early Access Launch of the DCS: F-15E by RAZBAM

DCS: F-15E Top Tips

• LANTRIN pod will prohibit laser use above 25kft - intended behaviour.
  • Thanks 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 5 months later...

Is here a function IRL to adjust this 25 000 ft setting?

What if you are attacking a target on a mountain with elevation 20 000 ft? You will only have 5 000 ft to work with and get into the range of the defences.

Just saying, I don't think the designers anticipated the USAF will ever fight in the Alps or Andes (or Afghanistan), but yes, it's old technology

But some red guy placed an EWR on mount Kazbeg in the Caucasus and it made lobbing LGBs a bit limiting.

8 hours ago, VladimirSputnik said:

Is here a function IRL to adjust this 25 000 ft setting?

What if you are attacking a target on a mountain with elevation 20 000 ft? You will only have 5 000 ft to work with and get into the range of the defences.

Just saying, I don't think the designers anticipated the USAF will ever fight in the Alps or Andes (or Afghanistan), but yes, it's old technology

But some red guy placed an EWR on mount Kazbeg in the Caucasus and it made lobbing LGBs a bit limiting.

Considering the limit is there for physical reasons, the limit will always be relative to sea level. But it was clearly enough of an issue since later versions of the lantirn pods have a much higher limits (for example the version the DCS Tomcat has)