Grass grip!

Maverick Su-35S

Although me and others have been trying to point out with many occasions on how easy it actually is even for fighter aircraft, not just grass takeoff dedicated aircraft, to drive over dry earth/grass and not have it get stuck in it in absurd ways or having an infinite grip when turning on it. Getting stuck is one thing, but having an infinite grip is more than annoying and ridiculous as it makes it very hard to takeoff or land if you happen to have the slightest slip angle during touchdown. You'll get a 180 roll flip in instant. No matter if we talk about wet or dry grass/earh..., the grip of it should be at least 3 times lower than that of tarmac. This isn't from my perspective, but from plenty of available scientific data findable on the internet.

Not even the relatively poor thrust to weight ratio C-5 Galaxy gets defeated by "a quite wet" deep mud as real tests can show. Not to mention dry earth or grass, which would give a many times more reduced ground friction. Even the worst conditions prove a good advantage to the aircraft. When are we going to see such corrections in DCS? At least and most important is to give the grass/earth surface versus rubber tire a more reduced grip than that of the tarmac. For belly landing, such as metal versus grass/earth, yes..., the grip is higher in reality, but not for tires.

Here are some references..., again:

Later down this video, even Su-25s, L-39s and IL-78s didn't get stuck anywhere outside of the tarmac (which we get in DCS):

I'm all for improvements, if they are of interest, NOT for mockery (which I get instead for trying to help correct things out) or unreasonable criticism! I just wanna make things get better, not worse (which is actually the goal of some around)!

Edited by Maverick Su-35S
  • Like 1

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

Just to balance things out google "aircraft stuck". They run in grass, mud and snow... until they don't. In DCS it's not simulated very well but you can taxi on the grass all you want - just don't stop.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria