A bug where the "BST SYS MAL" light did not turn on immediately.

leg5840

Problem:  A bug where the "BST SYS MAL" light does not turn on immediately when the L/H engine is shut down when starting with ramp-hot.

Principle of operation: After starting the engine normally on the ground, when turning off the engine, the EMER GEN relay should operate immediately and the BST SYS MAL light should turn on.

Guess : Guess: My guess is that the 30 second relay setting was applied without thinking to make it work even in ramp-hot conditions.

• Like 1

Does this happen after the 30 sec delay has passed?  I wonder if the time delay starts when you load in not when it theoretically started?  Edit:  I'd assume they set the time delay off the initial emer boost light, if that's the case then as soon as the emer boost came on from the left gen going offline, it reads that light as the initial one.

Edited by Not_G

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2023 at 11:36 PM, Not_G said:

Does this happen after the 30 sec delay has passed?  I wonder if the time delay starts when you load in not when it theoretically started?  Edit:  I'd assume they set the time delay off the initial emer boost light, if that's the case then as soon as the emer boost came on from the left gen going offline, it reads that light as the initial one.

I turned off the left engine 30 seconds after starting the game with hot . Then the BST SYS MAL light comes on normally.

I'm thinking maybe something was implemented incorrectly.