What do the 3 elastic limit options mean? (in M2000 special options)

Snappy

Hi,

could somebody kindly explain to me what the three different options for the elastic limit axis mean exactly in practical terms?
I tried them, but hard to say where the difference lies.

English is not my native language &  I have trouble understanding the difference, the Module manual unfortunately doesn't cover these special options.

Recently I noticed that even without pressing the AP disconnect, pulling full aft stick would allow me to pull 10+G, so I'm guessing this is already beyond the normal limit. 

Which option do I need to select I just want the normal FBW limits as my physical joystick limits?

Regards

Snappy

image.png

Edited by Snappy

Hey, sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Elastic limit position: The position in % of the elastic limit on the pitch axis. This means that when setting it at 95% with the disabled option, you will reach the elastic limit at 95% of travel and the physical limit at 100%.

Elastic limit bind:

- Disabled: You always can go past the elastic limit, the elastic limit override bind has no use.

Real pitch axis with the elastic limit override position:

0%----------95%--------------100%

Elastic limit.   Physical limit.

- Scale: With the elastic limit override command unpressed, your stick will reach the elastic limit at 100%, with the elastic limit override command pressed, the elastic limit will be moved to the Elastic limit position, and 100% will be the stick physical limit. In this position, the scale of the pitch axis changes when you press the elastic limit override command.

Real pitch axis position with the elastic limit override unpressed:

0%---------------------------100%

Elastic limit.
Real pitch axis position with the elastic limit override pressed:

Elastic limit.   Physical limit.

- Clamp: With the elastic limit override command unpressed, your stick will reach the elastic limit when it has traveled to the Elastic limit position, any travel after that is ignored, with the elastic limit override command pressed the extra travel to the limit is taken into account. In this position, the scale of the pitch axis is unchanged and it works like disabled but you need to press the button to go past the elastic limit.

Elastic limit.       Ignored.

Elastic limit.   Physical limit.

The historical behavior is Scale I believe and it is the one I use. I hope this helps.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Thanks 3

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

On 8/11/2023 at 2:16 PM, myHelljumper said:

Hey, sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Elastic limit position: The position in % of the elastic limit on the pitch axis. This means that when setting it at 95% with the disabled option, you will reach the elastic limit at 95% of travel and the physical limit at 100%.

Elastic limit bind:

- Disabled: You always can go past the elastic limit, the elastic limit override bind has no use.

Real pitch axis with the elastic limit override position:

Elastic limit.   Physical limit.

- Scale: With the elastic limit override command unpressed, your stick will reach the elastic limit at 100%, with the elastic limit override command pressed, the elastic limit will be moved to the Elastic limit position, and 100% will be the stick physical limit. In this position, the scale of the pitch axis changes when you press the elastic limit override command.

0%---------------------------100%

Elastic limit.

Elastic limit.   Physical limit.

- Clamp: With the elastic limit override command unpressed, your stick will reach the elastic limit when it has traveled to the Elastic limit position, any travel after that is ignored, with the elastic limit override command pressed the extra travel to the limit is taken into account. In this position, the scale of the pitch axis is unchanged and it works like disabled but you need to press the button to go past the elastic limit.

Elastic limit.       Ignored.

Elastic limit.   Physical limit.

The historical behavior is Scale I believe and it is the one I use. I hope this helps.

Hey ,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply of the three elastic setting variants, you made a great explanation, I understand it better now! Much appreciated!

Take care,
Snappy