Russian Cockpit for J-11A on standalone Su-27

Muas

Hi all.

I own a few standalone FC3 aircraft, including the Su-27, but I don't have FC3.

From my research I understand there are a few incompatibilities between FC3 and the same standalone modules.

I'm happy to have the standalone modules, but now I wish to install russian cockpit textures on the J-11A.

I know I can install it to the main DCS folder, using a mod enabler like ovgme, by overwriting the default J-11A files, but I believe I won't be able to use it on "pure" online servers...

Anyone knows how to do it using the current "saved games" folder installation? I didn't get it to work this way... any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the answers.

I downloaded one of the translated cockpits already, the problem is there is no way to select it, because FC3 doesn't appear on my special options.

To added it as a livery... I might try it, but I suspect it won't work, because the cockpit textures are loaded from a different folder... I can try adding the cockpit textures to a livery description.lua and see what happens...

Thanks for the tip.

19 hours ago, Wyvern said:

The planes should have their own setting page

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Because I dont have FC3, I only get Su-27 options with the default (russian) plus chinese cockpit, but no J-11A options...

18 hours ago, Wyvern said:

I just tried to add the J-11A to the options, it didnt work sadly.

The only way I got it to work was by using OvGME to overwrite the J-11A default cockpit description.lua with the Su-27 default one (russian), on the main install folder.

It's strange I can't even load the J-11A skins on the Model Viewer, because the Su-27 3D model doesn't accept them, and I don't see a J-11A 3D model anywhere else (changing the name of the su-27 edm file to J-11A doesn't do the trick either). I can't even find the default J-11A skins zip...

Anyway, I got what i wanted, just not sure if I'm able to use the cockpit online on a "pure" install check server, that's the only thing I didn't try so far...

Anyway thanks for your help.

(Unless it's possible to get the cockpit textures to load by adding their path to a livery description.lua, but I doubt...)