Reverb G2 black screen after major stutters!

Sixxpack

Hello All!

About two weeks ago I started having issues with huge stutters then immediately after that my FPS will go from 45 FPS down to nearly 2 to 5 to black screen all at the same time when looking around in the cockpit. This starts to happen within 10 to 20 min into game in single and multiplayer. I then have to hit Alt Tab to recover. This happens threw out the missions how ever long I'm in. I'm constantly having my fingers ready on the Alt Tab keys. "Quiet annoying as you all can imagine when your in the middle of a dog fight!" I'm using M.T at the moment. I've been at my wits end at all possible solutions as far as hardware and software to reading all post on this kind of subject. Currently using OpenXR and Necksafer. I  have no mods and tested with and without Necksafer and other Apps like, "Voice Attack and Open Kneeboard." If any one has some sort of a fix this would be quiet useful.  Below I have attached the necessary files.

Thank you and take care my fellow virtual pilots👍

Screenshot (5).zip

DxDiag.txt dcs.log

I have been experiencing stuttering issues as well - however mine are typically on load and they are so bad the main menu is impossible to use, even to exit the app. I can usually restart and it's fine and I can play for as long as I want. It started for me after one of the July updates (I am not sure which as there were two while I was on vacation). 

Edited by mmike87

Hello Mike! I feel your pain as well and your right it happen a couple of patches ago! I've never had an issue until now. I'm no expert but I do read and follow other people on the forums because we have a lot of smart cookies in our community. I'm sure someone will figure this stuff out. I do understand in some ways we our beta testers ourselves. I would like to hear from "BIGNEWY" to see what my logs as to which the problem may lay. Until then lots of patients!

All the best and thank you for the reply...

• 3 months later...

I have a black screen now, researching its a regular problem with the HP cable

Any further feedback from yourselves?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

On 9/6/2023 at 12:10 PM, Sixxpack said:

Hello All!

About two weeks ago I started having issues with huge stutters then immediately after that my FPS will go from 45 FPS down to nearly 2 to 5 to black screen all at the same time when looking around in the cockpit. This starts to happen within 10 to 20 min into game in single and multiplayer. I then have to hit Alt Tab to recover. This happens threw out the missions how ever long I'm in. I'm constantly having my fingers ready on the Alt Tab keys. "Quiet annoying as you all can imagine when your in the middle of a dog fight!" I'm using M.T at the moment. I've been at my wits end at all possible solutions as far as hardware and software to reading all post on this kind of subject. Currently using OpenXR and Necksafer. I  have no mods and tested with and without Necksafer and other Apps like, "Voice Attack and Open Kneeboard." If any one has some sort of a fix this would be quiet useful.  Below I have attached the necessary files.

Thank you and take care my fellow virtual pilots👍

Screenshot (5).zip 4.89 MB · 19 downloads

DxDiag.txt 91.62 kB · 21 downloads dcs.log 68.47 kB · 13 downloads

well I am no expert but I always like looking around in the logs to see what I can see. in this instance I found something funny:

"APP (Main): CPU cores: 4, threads: 8, System RAM: 65460 MB, Pagefile: 9078 MB"

but your log says you have a 8 core CPU.  also your Page file should be higher that is if you have the room on your SSD and free space. I see you have a 3090ti and a G2, didn't the 3090Ti have issues with the G2?? 

If you have a 8core and somehow DCS is only seeing 4 that could be an issue when and if the scene gets heavy it could be choking your PC and causes your black screen.. Any reason you use v2.8.8 for DCS??

Edited by The_Nephilim

MSI Pro Z790-P  / Intel i7 12700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  MSI 4070Ti Ventus GPU /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3400  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2  / Windows 11 Pro 64bit

My hp reverb sometimes says connect power on first start up and its connected. If i pull the headset lead out and back in it powers up. Ive now had issues only in vr wirh main dcs page fluters and in cockpit stutters then the gae either freezes or crashes back to windows home page. Any ideas