Unable to bind VOIP Commands to TM Warthog

Darkdiz
Go to solution Solved by LeCuvier,

For the A-10C only, I cannot bind any control from my Warthog throttle or joystick to any HOTAS mic sw button with VOIP HOTAS Mic SW Up, Down, Forward, Back, Press). It is available on the CII (and binds to the mic sw as expected), but not the C. I can bind it to my T16000, but not to the throttle, where I need it. It USED to work prior to the latest update, for both the C and CII.

Anyone else have this issue?

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

• Solution

I guess everybody would have this issue if they wanted to use VOIP on the original A-10C.
The file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" in the folder "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Input\A-10C_2\joystick" contains some lines that are missing in the file for the A-10C:

-- start VoIP radio global commands
-- in case you need to open commands in the cockpit
{down = iCommandVoIPRadioPushToTalkEnableDisableVoice,  up = iCommandVoIPRadioPushToTalkEnableDisableVoice, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = ('HOTAS MIC Switch Down (VOIP)'),  category = _('HOTAS')},
{down = iCommandVoIPRadioPushToTalkEnableDisableVoice_2,  up = iCommandVoIPRadioPushToTalkEnableDisableVoice_2, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = ('HOTAS MIC Switch Aft (VOIP)'),  category = _('HOTAS')},
{down = iCommandVoIPRadioPushToTalkEnableDisableVoice_1,  up = iCommandVoIPRadioPushToTalkEnableDisableVoice_1, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = ('HOTAS MIC Switch Forward (VOIP)'), category = _('HOTAS')},
-- end VoIP radio commands

The file "default.lua" for the A-10C does contain these lines and that's why you can bind them to any game controller that doesn't have a dedicated .lua file.
You can wait for ED to fix this omission, or you can help yourself by copy & pasting these lines into the file for the A-10C. If you want to do that:
1. use the free Notepad++ editor and set "Language" to "Lua".
2. insert the lines just after the line that reads

keyCommands = {

3. Note that the file will be overwritten by the stock file if you do a Repair or Update. Therefore, make a backup copy of the changed file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5