liveries /skins

demon702

hello . i have DCS OPEN BATA installed on my D DRIVE . i can't figure out how to instal liveries/skins . i have OVGME  and have tried several ways  with no luck , i have also tried manually installing them , no luck . since its on my D DRIVE  its not the same path as on a C DRIVE (i cant use my c drive so i cant move it over ) .any advice ?

I struggled with this too. Install the skins/liveries in your Saved games folder for DCS not the actual game folder.  If you have not installed liveries before you will need to create the Liveries folder.

"C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries" (my Saved Games folder is on C:\ drive).

Make certain that you create the Liveries\<module> folder (in your Saved Games DCS folder) using the exact same folder name used in the

D:\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\<module folder>\Liveries\ folder. (D drive in your case).  

For example, the Liveries folder for the HeatBlur F-14 has two sub folders: F-14A-135-GR and f-14b. Note the inconsistent folder naming convention used.  🤷‍♂️  Note also that the F-18 Liveries folder has three sub folders! The FA-18C_hornet is the one for the purchased module. 

I would not use OVGME if I didn't have too. I recommend that one use a few add-ins like that has possible. Besides, in the case of Liveries it's super easy to install them manually once you know how.

Start/Restart the game after you have installed the Liveries.

They'll work OK if installed in main game folder ("bazar" subfolder), but Saved Games location is generally recommended to keep things tidy and organized, with custom skins clearly separated from default ones.

@demon702Adding to what Paidtriot wrote above, keep in mind that some skins are configured in their description.lua file to work only with certain selected countries. Maybe that's why you couldn't see them in your mission, just because of selecting "wrong" country for your aircraft.

You can get rid of such limitation by editing the aforementioned file (removing country acronyms from the "country" line at the end if I recall correctly).

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.