Activation of afterburner by button

RDN_Garrett

Dear developers! Please make it possible to enable afterburner by button, like in the F/A-18C module. There it is possible to enable that the axis does not activate afterburner and it is activated by a separate button

For a trottle without detents, it's very much in demand

Edited by RDN_Garrett
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has been requested several times since the module released ...

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

• 2 weeks later...

Inboard of the throttle on the EE and aft of the radar stick on the CE, there is an AB Fuel toggle which will cut off the fuel flow to afterburner completely disabling it, until the switch is returned to the forward position

It works well as a way to get out of the mach 1.4+ 8900rpm engine mode without throttling back and blowing up the engine

Edited by BonerCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

Not really sure why you would need this since you can adjust the afterburner detent % in the setting. So like on my Virpil throttle I tweaked the setting to (I think) 80% for the detent. Now the throttle goes to Full Military power until 80% (which is where my detent is) then goes into afterburner if I push further on the throttle. It’s different for each plane and you just have to tweak it until you happy with it. It’s not hard to do and it will prevent you from accidentally going into afterburner. I didn’t now about this setting at first and had issues with the afterburners since I couldn’t tell when they’d engage. Now though since I’ve tweaked the throttle and this setting it’s eliminated the problem. Really easy to do.

9 часов назад, Ebphoto сказал:

Not really sure why you would need this since you can adjust the afterburner detent % in the setting. So like on my Virpil throttle I tweaked the setting to (I think) 80% for the detent. Now the throttle goes to Full Military power until 80% (which is where my detent is) then goes into afterburner if I push further on the throttle. It’s different for each plane and you just have to tweak it until you happy with it. It’s not hard to do and it will prevent you from accidentally going into afterburner. I didn’t now about this setting at first and had issues with the afterburners since I couldn’t tell when they’d engage. Now though since I’ve tweaked the throttle and this setting it’s eliminated the problem. Really easy to do.

Not all users have throttles with detents

• Like 3