Documentation of ARC-210 display export

Vinc_Vega

Dear developers,

Building the hardware and software for my A-10C cockpit since years, now one of the radios has to be reworked to reproduce the simulation. Most data are exporteable via interfaces like DcsBios but that seems not fully the case for the newly introduced ARC-210 radio.

Is there a possibility to export the display other than using yet another viewport?

Would you please document the ARC-210 simulation interface for cockpit builders?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Vinc

• Like 1

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 8:35 AM, Vinc_Vega said:

Dear developers,

Building the hardware and software for my A-10C cockpit since years, now one of the radios has to be reworked to reproduce the simulation. Most data are exporteable via interfaces like DcsBios but that seems not fully the case for the newly introduced ARC-210 radio.

Is there a possibility to export the display other than using yet another viewport?

Would you please document the ARC-210 simulation interface for cockpit builders?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Vinc

I don’t think theres a direct way for that display besides using a viewport. In Helios, Bluefin created a text display version although it has the surrounding graphics. But I also believe thats a very involved complex task.He probably hand created the text characters as usual, then uses some lua calls to have the data pulled when necessary for it to display.Although I’d bet the core of Helios has a lot to do with making that actually work. 

• Thanks 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

8 hours ago, Vinc_Vega said:

Thank you for the reply.

Best regards, Vinc

No problem, I know its not really what you were looking for, just noting that the possibility is there to have the input data pulled for it, if your’e building a physical arc 210. I will dig through the lua files for it in helios and see if I can find anything related to the arc 210 data. I’m not 100% sure how it was accomplished.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

I've been messing around with it and managed to get the ARC210 main page exported using DCS BIOS on a 3.5inch TFT and an Arduino UNO.

Its not fully functional, but it works. Having said that, i still need to find a way to export it as a viewport, as like the CDU it wont update/refresh if the 3D cockpit is not visible.

ARC210.ino

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!

On 10/23/2023 at 8:06 AM, romeokilo said:

... as like the CDU it wont update/refresh if the 3D cockpit is not visible.

Maybe here is a part of the solution to see updates in the HUD only view:

Regards, Vinc

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]