~90% of units disappear from mission ~14 seconds after start

evilnate

We hosted a new liberation campaign, and ~14 seconds after the mission starts about 90% of units disappear.

About the same time some clients said their aircraft blew up. I am unable to reproduce this problem, but we have the track file.

Does anyone see any clues how this happened? The units that went missing were not found as dead, but it ruined the mission experience.

track file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19looatMayHz84aC4z-rlZ_lxU2u_Suzf/view?usp=sharing

Tacview: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19bMVbZZt09Gl4v-XYh3UokwYL86ocyaH/view?usp=sharing

This happens all the time on the Hoggit servers.  I exported the server Tacview into Excel from one about a year ago.  At 6 seconds it recorded 773 HasEnteredTheArea events, then 11 seconds later 711 HasBeenDestroyed events.

I don't think a client track or Tacview will help because by the time you connect it has already happened.

Happened again yesterday. I had all clients disconnect from server, loaded mission, and had each squadron go in pit one by one. After that, no issue. Seems like the problem happens when clients are on the server during mission load. 

Seems like a multiplayer bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is Tacview of one that happened yesterday.  I was only looking at units destroyed before, but in this one the units destroyed coincides with the first spawn of AI aircraft.  I'll have to look at some of the other examples to see if that is a common thread.  This is kind of game breaking, and I wonder if this is happening often on MP servers and is just being ignored?

Tacview-20231122-205125.zip.acmi

Tacview-20231122-205125.pdf

1 minute ago, Moezilla said:

@evilnate @Lasko @TobiasA - do you think it can happen on server startup and first mission load as well, or only when the next mission is loaded to a running server with attached clients?

It sounds hard to reproduce, but an important issue to track down and squash.

Could only reproduce when clients are on a server while a different mission is loaded, and then load the desired mission while they are connected.

• Thanks 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Moezilla:

@evilnate @Lasko @TobiasA - do you think it can happen on server startup and first mission load as well, or only when the next mission is loaded to a running server with attached clients?

It sounds hard to reproduce, but an important issue to track down and squash.

It happened when doing exactly that, so that might be a reason for it.

We had some people already connected and restarted the server with a different mission. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 5:55 AM, Moezilla said:

do you think it can happen on server startup and first mission load as well, or only when the next mission is loaded to a running server with attached clients?

I've only seen it happen when switching missions, and doesn't seem dependent at all on the number of clients.  It's happened with 2 or 3 clients, or more than 20.

• Thanks 1