One small noob-questions

MerlinCH65

Friends,

May I ask u one question:

Viewing in Cockpit with mouse

Since I don't have TrackIR, I am viewing around with the mouse during flight. Unfortunately, the mouse often does not respond - I have to hit ESC twice and everything is back normal. Is it designed to be like this? I don't think so - any ideas?

Thx for your kind inputs lads

Merlin

Good point, I was wondering the same thing. :helpsmilie:

Can't imagine that there is no quick key one can press to achieve the same thing instead of pausing and un-pausing the game in order to get this to work.

Use ALT-C to switch between the mouse looking around, and the mouse selecting things (with crosshair).

Sometimes the game will get into a state where you get the crosshair _and_ the mouselook together. This is actually a bug according to the developers. There are lots of other threads about this issue if you want more details :)

• Like 1

Thanks Glottis

Just tried it out :-) One more button-combo to remind LOL

I sure hope they fix that cause it's quite annoying and - at least for me - it happens ever so often...

Thanks again!

Merlin

Fix what? Are you saying it sometimes goes into cockpit interaction mode unintentionally?

I think he's just referring to the way it occasionally goes into the mixed crosshair/mouselook state. This is a bit confusing, especially as the crosshair is usually somewhere fairly useless.

This is a bug that will become a "feature" in the next patch IIRC.

Nate

That could actually be quite good, interesting to try anyway, might feel more intuitive.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

@slug88

What I mean is:

I use the mouse to look around in the cockpit and to click some buttons (in fact I click m.a.n.y buttons :doh:). Normally, I move the mouse and this makes me PAN around in the cockpit and while I pan, I can also click buttons. This behaviour would be just fine for me, if it would stay that way.

Unfortunately, it happens very often that my mouse can only move the crosshair around - but it would NOT pan around in the cockpit. The view sort of freezes and I have to hit ESC 2x and everything is back to normal.

Cheers

Merlin

What I mean is:

I use the mouse to look around in the cockpit and to click some buttons (in fact I click m.a.n.y buttons :doh:). Normally, I move the mouse and this makes me PAN around in the cockpit and while I pan, I can also click buttons. This behaviour would be just fine for me, if it would stay that way.

Unfortunately, it happens very often that my mouse can only move the crosshair around - but it would NOT pan around in the cockpit. The view sort of freezes and I have to hit ESC 2x and everything is back to normal.

Cheers

Merlin

Yes, it is the Simultaneous Mouselook and clickable crosshair after hitting Esc x2 that is a bug (very useful though), this is being planned to be a feature in the next patch, so no need to hit ESC twice.

Nate

Yes, it is the Simultaneous Mouselook and clickable crosshair after hitting Esc x2 that is a bug (very useful though), this is being planned to be a feature in the next patch, so no need to hit ESC twice.

Nate

LOL! I thoght the "the Simultaneous Mouselook and clickable crosshair" was an original feature and that a bug was interfering with its functionality! :lol:

BTW good to know they are gonna fix it! :thumbup:

Hi Nate!

Thanks! That's what I was expecting to hear ;)

btw: It's funny how difficult it is to explain such a problem :smartass:

I'm currently trying to get the bird into steady hover after approaching. Most of the time the helo is trying to shift right or left - I read a lot of postings about this - funny is that there are many different opinions and for a noob it's quite difficult to pick the correct instruction :megalol:

Thanks again!

Cheers, Merlin