Mirage 2000 WEP issue

bartosz1178

Hello, I have the following problem with the Mirage 2000 aircraft. Sometimes when I set the throttle to WEP, nothing happens... the afterburner doesn't engage, and I can observe a yellow error popping up on the left side of the cockpit. Is there any way to reset the engine or bypass this error, or is landing and repairing the aircraft the only option? I would like to note that this also happens on the ground, not just during flight. Regards, and thank you for your response.

You mean the Yellow Caution Light?

It seems that you did something casing the CALC(the engine control computer)falls to the backup mode(Sec CALC).(old era computer limit,if you push the engine too much,the computer can sometimes get confused and think there is an error, thus falling back to the backup mode),you can't use afterburner with a CALC in the backup mode

You can reset the CALC by temporarily placing the SEC CALC switch to the rearm position,witch will clear the error and reset the engine computer( It's a yellow switch located at the most left-rear end of the cockpit), then you can use the afterburner again without problem

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!