Quickstart limited to 12 missions per aircraft/mod?

Bliksem

After my entire list of created, saved missions disappeared from an aircrafts Quickstart.lua file I did some troubleshooting and discovered that if you save a 13th mission to the it somehow will not be read when launching the Instant Action menu. Deleting the 13th mission brings back the whole list.  

Is that true, Is there any way around that limit? 

I prefer to use the Instant Action menu as its quicker and easier than hunting and pecking around the folders in MyMissions or the Mission Editor to launch the flie then fly it.  Maybe I'm not using the DCS file system or ME correctly or there's a better way to access these missions easily (open to suggestions!) 

Using OpenBeta v2.8.8.43704

Thanks!

Bliksem

19 hours ago, Bliksem said:

After my entire list of created, saved missions disappeared from an aircrafts Quickstart.lua file I did some troubleshooting and discovered that if you save a 13th mission to the it somehow will not be read when launching the Instant Action menu. Deleting the 13th mission brings back the whole list.  

Is that true, Is there any way around that limit? 

I prefer to use the Instant Action menu as its quicker and easier than hunting and pecking around the folders in MyMissions or the Mission Editor to launch the flie then fly it.  Maybe I'm not using the DCS file system or ME correctly or there's a better way to access these missions easily (open to suggestions!) 

Using OpenBeta v2.8.8.43704

Thanks!

Bliksem

which AC? i took a quick look at A-10C II and it has 14 for Caucasus.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 10/14/2023 at 9:02 AM, silverdevil said:

which AC? i took a quick look at A-10C II and it has 14 for Caucasus.

Good Point - maybe its only an issue for mods, not the standard ED and community aircraft (FC3, F-16, F-14 etc.).

The two aircraft I noticed this with were Grinnelli's F-22 and VSN's Eurofighter - both unofficial mods. So I tested creating/ saving missions to 3 'standard' AC (A-10, F-16, F-14) but I received permission errors and wasn't able to save - am guessing their Quick Start folders are read only. 

Would be good to know if there is such a limit for unofficial mods... 

3 hours ago, Bliksem said:

Good Point - maybe its only an issue for mods, not the standard ED and community aircraft (FC3, F-16, F-14 etc.).

The two aircraft I noticed this with were Grinnelli's F-22 and VSN's Eurofighter - both unofficial mods. So I tested creating/ saving missions to 3 'standard' AC (A-10, F-16, F-14) but I received permission errors and wasn't able to save - am guessing their Quick Start folders are read only. 

Would be good to know if there is such a limit for unofficial mods... 

its up to the AC creator, ala ED, Razbam, whatever to populate the instant action missions. honestly there are lots of User Missions on the ED site. you can grab those and edit them to your liking. you can also edit the ED missions. just save a copy.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain