How can I make my AI wingman attack the right target?

Tomcatter87

Hey there,

I often like to create randomized missions that I can fly over and over again, without the same things happening every time. However this makes it a bit complicated to make my wingman attack the correct targets, especially in CAS and SEAD missions.

I set up my missions like that: I have a number of threats, like AAA batteries, but usually those are not the targets that have to be destroyed. In my recent mission (SEAD), I have several SA-6 groups on the map, but via flag-random value trigger, only one of then is acticated at mission start. I then want the flight, a 2-ship of wild weasel F-16s (one is the player, the wingman is AI), to search where that SA-6 is and to destroy it. What usually happens is that my wingman engages one of the triple-a sites or runs of to attack some SA-5 site that is placed many miles away. How can I make him concentrate on one of the five possible SA-6 sites?

I also have a similar problem in a tankbusting mission. But I think in this case it is possible to perform CAS / search in zone and leave armored units as only targets.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Thanks, I'll try that out. At least with the AAA sites that are always present, but not meant to be the target in that mission. In that case, I'll just use a "perform command" task from the advanced waypoint menu.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR