Curiosity while looking for a squadron

kitten40

Discord for sure does seem to be among the most used method I've seen here, and I'm not against its use. I'm just old school I guess and prefer to visit an actual website to learn more about the possible squadron I might be interested in. (And I'm also from the Teamspeak era, for that matter 🙃). It just seems easier to me that way, rather than joining discord for a squadron, only to realize it probably  wouldn't be a good fit. 

Good example is your sig. I saw your website link and went to it immediately. 

Just interesting to see exactly how much things have changed over the years 😉 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 12:34 PM, kitten40 said:

Discord for sure does seem to be among the most used method I've seen here, and I'm not against its use. I'm just old school I guess and prefer to visit an actual website to learn more about the possible squadron I might be interested in. (And I'm also from the Teamspeak era, for that matter 🙃). It just seems easier to me that way, rather than joining discord for a squadron, only to realize it probably  wouldn't be a good fit. 

Unfortunatly, most of the groups don't have webpages due to the amount of work to create and maintain it. If you are trying to get into a group, you will need to use Discord and/or SRS for ingame comms. And if you join a discord and you dont like the group, just let them know it just isnt working out and leave the server. No one's going to give you grief about that. 

• Like 1

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

Winwing Orion2 base with f-16EX grip, Winwing Orion2 Throttle with F-18 Grip

Currently member of VAF 136 (F/A-18C Squadron).

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.

On 10/18/2023 at 11:34 AM, kitten40 said:

Squadrons have various resources and despite the desire for a website, we don't have someone to setup it up.  Finding the right squadron for you is key, but I would not limit to just TeamSpeak and website.  I know many high quality squadrons that use Discord and have no website.  I am with you thought, the transition to Discord took me a moment.  

Edited by CaliJoshua