Open Beta 2.9 QTY bug?

Bentman

Greetings!

It's awesome the AUTO release cue is fixed with 2.9.0.46801, but it looks as though QTY is not working, unless I am doing it all wrong.

Here's what I expect, based on how I read the AV8bNA Guide:  

QTY should determine the number of drops (release pulses) per pickle.
MULT should control the number of bombs released simultaneously each drop.
INTV should determine the distance in feet between where each drop impacts.

So if I want to drop a string of 8 high drag bombs impacting one after the other every 500 ft, I believe I should be setting QTY to 8, MULT to 1, and INTV to 500.

Or if I wanted to drop 8 bombs in 4 drops of 2 bombs each, with each pair separated by 200 ft, I believe I should be setting QTY to 4, MULT to 2, and INTV to 200.

However, it seems that no matter what I'm allowed to set QTY to, as far as the jet is concerned, it remains effectively fixed at a value of 1.  I can drop multiple bombs per pickle by increasing MULT.  Of course those drops occur simultaneously, making INTV irrelevant.

I've tried this both in AUTO and CCIP with no difference in behavior (that I can detect).  

Tracks attached.

Of course it's entirely possible that I have just not grasped QTY/MULT logic and everything is working as intended.

In which case, never mind.

Thanks!

AV8BNA_AUTO_QTY_MULT_INTV..trk AV8BNA_CCIP_QTY8_MULT1_INTV500..trk

• Like 1

Just tried AUTO and CCIP releases with different Q-M-I settings, haven't noticed any issues, even auto ripple is working now. Also tried it with rockets in single mode and it works as it should (although I haven't tried M > 2). Tracks with bomb releases are attached. Interval on ACP is entered in tenths of feet, so when you select "500" you are setting interval to 5000 ft. I guess you released pickle before second release pulse was sent. Also, quantity is the total number of stuff to be released, so if you want to drop 8 bombs in total, you should select Q = 8 regardless of M (multiple is the number of stations that will release stuff simultaneously at each interval)

av8b auto Q 10 M 1 I 300.trk

av8b auto Q 10 M 2 I 300.trk

av8b CCIP Q 10 M 2 I 100.trk

Regarding auto release cue - it was not fixed, now it comes from the very top of HUD FoV, while TACMAN states the following: "The release cue initializes at 3° above the velocity vector on the ASL as shown in Figure 2-53, detail D"

Edited by Aernov
  • Like 1