A-10C II Datalink

MatzWarhog
Go to solution Solved by Stuka,

We're not seeing anyone in our Group on the Datalink in the A-10C II. No other A-10C IIs are showing up blue on the TAD. On the TAD we can hook each other and see SPI shares, but other A-10C IIs in our Group do not show blue, nor are they identifiable with our HMCS. It's as if we have the Datalink, it's just not visible to ID each other.

Edited by MatzWarhog
  • Like 2

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

Ok... so we figured out how to create "Groups" in ME allowing us to identify each other via Datalink... but how is this going to work on public servers and all of the multitude of missions we already fly as a squadron? Basically, from what I see now, our group has to be built into the mission, or we can't use the datalink that we rely heavily on. Am I missing something?

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

Haven’t updated yet but based of this and others posts I’m assuming ED didn’t add the tactical data network (TDN) subpages in the comm page.  This would be where network stuff can be updated in the jet.

hopefully it’s gonna happen “soon” otherwise it’ll be an issue for MP groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution

The implementation like it currently is, gives you 2 options:

1. you set things up in the ME and let DCS manage the network for you.  this does not allow you to change group from the cockpit.  Well, you can, but your expected flight members will not show up as blue symbols.
  2. you remove all FM settings from the group (from all aircraft in the group) on the Network tab in the ME.  That way you can change group in the cockpit like you have been used to

Practically, there's no difference between the 2 at this point in development.  You will see all SPI shares, from anyone.  Donor or not.

So for max flexibility in MP, and have the same function as before, go for option 2.

If you want to hardcode FM groups, and their network settings, go for option 1

null

image.png

Edited by Stuka
  • Thanks 3

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

It would be handy if the default was "Option 2" for now and you could use the "Option 1" "Hardcode" if you wanted to. At least then, we wouldn't have to be going into old missions and cleaning out all the FMs now created in them. All the same, your solution worked great! Many Thanks! 

Edited by MatzWarhog
  • Like 1