Freezes every few minutes, crashes too.

bop1701

2.8 was great; never an issue.  Updated to 2.9 and screen freezes every few minutes, freezes lasting 5-10 seconds with the little spinning blue wheel telling me to wait.  Then often crashes at various points during game.   When screen frozen, gameplay continues.   Sometimes multiplayer has no sound.

Latest crash log attached

dcs.log

Have done multiple clean and repair, short and long.  Removed the one F-16 skin I had and the kneeboards I'd made. 

No help

Have done multiple clean and repair, short and long.  Removed the one F-16 skin I had and the kneeboards I'd made. 

No help

just tried again.  5 freeze ups in three minutes.  DCS is unplayable.  How to get back to 2.8.....

just another freeze.jpg

If you have 11~13 gen cpu with more than 8 cores (p+e)

please give this post a try. there is workaround about weird performance lost due to hyperthreading , too many cores 

Before you try and disable any core, you need to ensure your issue is caused by a "crazy" core. In order to do this, run the Task Manager and DCS. When you spot a freeze, Alt+Tab back to the Task Manager and see if one your cores is stuck at 100%.

But most people have good luck with turn off e core in bios or disable core 8 in taskmanager.

addition If you are playing on win11 you try disabling powerserivce or "core parking"

your log did not generate any crash dump. so the DCS is completely hanged before it crashed, cant really extract too many information from it.

Edited by Insonia

22 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

See if you have parked cores. If so, the disable CPU parking. You might need to reboot

I just did that, I noticed that I have this. Core 0 and 11 are high. I do not get any parked states anymore in on few cores in resource monitor. But my DCS just closes and says nothing. Like one would've pressed ALT-F4. 

image.png

7 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

You would need to open a new thread and post the logs to see what is causing that.

1 of those threads is the render thread so will generally be maxed out.

It crashed again, I opend the DCS start location, and it was in the Bin directory instead of Bin_MT (which I guess stands for Multithreading), am now stress testing on what I presume is MT the DCS.exe which I opend from there.

image.png

20 minutes ago, SwissairMD11 said:

It crashed again, I opend the DCS start location, and it was in the Bin directory instead of Bin_MT (which I guess stands for Multithreading), am now stress testing on what I presume is MT the DCS.exe which I opend from there.

image.png

If your dcs crashes. Please post your own dcs.log and crash dmp files. Zip the entire folder upload to the forums.

Unfortunately not every crash is traceable. But if dcs create one crash log. It makes things much straight forward.

• Like 1