[FIXED] JF17 p2p datalink not working

E-TF[101] Breeze

I'll give a little more detail. This is Multi-player environment issue.

Masters can connect to AI AWACs.

Slaves cannot connect to Masters.

Also I think Masters were able to Donate data between Masters, now not able and unable to see other Masters on the CLNK Table.

Edited by eletrobull

This is a serious problem, my friend and I tired many ways to connect the datalink. We get some results as following.

Slaves can't connect to Masters anyway.

Everyone are Master in same channel can connecet to the AWACS, but can't see other Masters on the CLINK and different channel is same issus too.

Until after taking off we are deteced by AWACS, we can see others on HSD but it just as  friendly aircrafts, not connect as datalink members.

Hopefully fix it soon.

Edited by PixelDevil

WFT!!!

I don’t know what ED has changed to their basic code of datalink in 2.9. But no doubt break our feature.

Will investigate.

Can anyone help me verify whether you can still see your wingman’s HPT on HSD in MP?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

6小时前,uboats说:

WFT!!!

I don’t know what ED has changed to their basic code of datalink in 2.9. But no doubt break our feature.

Will investigate.

Can anyone help me verify whether you can still see your wingman’s HPT on HSD in MP?

Because wingman can't  slave to leader, so there is no way to let leader see wingman’s HPT.

For what it's worth it appears the Black Shark is having issues as well:

В 21.10.2023 в 07:44, marcoacv сказал:
Using the ka50-lll in multiplayer with two other friends, 
we set the same frequency and our group does not appear in 
ABRIS. We check all controls possibly turned off. 
And nothing out of the ordinary. Another function, 
when I send a target from my ABRIS to another partner 
and it was found that only the audio comes to look at the 
screen.
I did a test in a single-player mission and added a group 
with four ka-50 and in ABRIS in single-player it 
works normally.

I did some test and debug

i ran two clients on same machine and one for host, the other for client

i find that host jf17 can receive the j2.2 msg broadcasted from client jf17 and then host jf17 (slave) can join client jf17's PP datalink (master)\

but client jf17 cannot see j2.2 msg broadcasted from host jf17

i think this should be issue from ED

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hello everyone,

Posting this from a relevant discussion in the JF17 forum.  I have found a few problems with DL in the Jeff since 2.9:

Hello fellow pilots!

Has anyone else noticed significant degradation of the Jeff's DL since update 2.9?  Bogeys now do not populate in the DL nearly as reliably as before.  Even higher altitude bogeys that used to show up in DL now are hit or miss.  Here are a couple of other things that I noticed:

• DL does not seem to function if the radar is set to silent.
  • DL turns off if ACM mode is entered.
  • DL refresh rate seems to have been nerfed considerably.
  • DL seems to work better when own plane is at lower altitudes (<10k feet).

Especially the fact that DL turns off in ACM mode bothers me a lot as DL at closer ranges was very important for the Jeff to stay competitive.

Obviously this is somehow connected to ED's big datalink update on A10C, AH64D F16C and F18C. Very strange considering how much testing was done on 2.9.
It's like no one bother to check on the the JF-17 module before release. Hopefully there will be a fix soon. 

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 3

@uboats 

Hi! Today I flow with my friends using JF-17. Apparently we all had to use master because no one of us could not use us. Happens in our own dedicated server and another one in the GS. in GS, I had a duplicate ID from an tanker and my friend thought it was me. Also, the Channel ID Group won't work either. We tried switching to another channel and it did not help out

27 minutes ago, eletrobull said:

Both radio channels, 199 and 200 are datalink channels.

Is there a difference, I went through Quick Guide and Flight Manual and could not find the reference to 200, except that there are 200 channels, and that in knee-board I can find frequencies.

I hope we do not divert topic too much from bug report.

Edited by okopanja

• uboats changed the title to [REPORTED] JF17 p2p datalink not working