DLSS makes TGP very blurry?

Hi all, 

just started playing the new 2.9 and enabled the DLSS feature. When i set it to performance, the image of the tgp in my A-10 gets very blurry while moving the tgp. I.e. while moving the tgp over a treeline, i just see a grey "cloud." It gets better with DLSS "quality" setting but it´s still bad. Without DLSS i have a clear picture. 

Running a 3080 and an Odyssey neo G9. 

Can anybody confirm that?

This issue is due to the ghosting artefact DLSS generates. Most MFDs (eg radar, tgp) are affected
The best solution would be todo as they do in MSFS for the Fenix A320 for example, where the MFD are rendered separately and without DLSS
I know it's hard as especially a HSD/Datalink needs to integrate and show info coming via the network and from the server at all times and I guess it's pretty in the depth of code of each module

4 hours ago, HoMeBoY said:

This issue is due to the ghosting artefact DLSS generates. Most MFDs (eg radar, tgp) are affected
The best solution would be todo as they do in MSFS for the Fenix A320 for example, where the MFD are rendered separately and without DLSS
I know it's hard as especially a HSD/Datalink needs to integrate and show info coming via the network and from the server at all times and I guess it's pretty in the depth of code of each module

Okay, thank you so much for this explanation. I fiddled around a bit with the settings. Definately gets worse, the higher you set DLSS. Is this a common problem or should i report elsewhere?

On 10/22/2023 at 10:42 AM, BastiScholz said:

Without DLSS i have a clear picture. 

There’s the solution. The highest quality setting for DLSS is Off. Since it’s rendering at a lower resolution and upscaling that to your screen there will always be artifacts. The best quality is achieved by running your display at its native resolution. 

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5