Flaming Cliffs 3 - f15 experience for beginner

claus

Hi everyone - I just got DCS World and Flaming Cliffs 3. I have a nephew who loves jets and will be visiting during Thanksgiving. I'm looking for the best experience in the f15 - mainly shooting in air to air and air to ground. What are the bare min training videos and reading to know your way around to achieve this? Any recommendations and tips for setting up missions and maps anybody can provide would be great!

I'm a newbie myself - I do have the vkb hotas and just mapped throttle, pitch, roll, and thrusters.  https://omegle.onl/  https://vshare.onl/

Edited by claus
  • Like 1

Hi there, you're in the wrong section of the forums, the correct one for FC3 aircraft modules is:  https://forum.dcs.world/forum/102-dcs-flaming-cliffs-3/

Now, as for the F-15C training missions, those don't exhist in the module itself but community members have done them (a mod that you install).
It's pretty much a "must have" for a new user with the F-15C module:

N22YF's  F-15C Training Missions:

On a side note, you may also realize the same happens with the A-10A - it also does not come with training missions, but community members built them, again a mod that you install. In this case (may also interest), it's a "must have" for a new user with the A-10A module:

CFrag's  A-10A Flight School (Training Missions): 

You'll also notice that the Flamming Cliffs 3 aircraft don't have "clickable cockpits" (no interactive cockpit with mouse) but a community member made that also work for them.
If it interests you, have a look:

My advice for any newcomer is to take your time, don't rush it.
Go through the training lessons if you can, as they're absolutely worth it to be accustomated and understand the aircraft capabilities, also its limitations.
Once you feel you can perform, and the Quick Missions become too easy/basic, it's time to tackle the more advanced missions and campaigns (part of the content of FC3), or others made by the community that you can download (available here). Or join others in multiplayer servers.
:bye_2:

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56