Multiple Errors in DCS Log from Normandy 2 Map

Flatch

Greetings,

I have a small mission that I have been using as a test for FPS Improvements, especially with VR.  After doing a number of settings changes and not seeing a lot of differences I decided to look at the DCS.log file to see if there was anything helpful in there.   What I found is attached below.  If you search for ERROR you will find some in the initial startup of DCS and more once the mission is running where it cannot find items for the map.   I was surprised at these errors so on the advice of a squadron mate I uninstalled Normandy 2 the Channel Map and then reinstalled them.  There was no difference.   So I then completely uninstalled DCS and reinstalled it and all the modules I have purchased.   Good thing I have a fast internet connection.   I still see the same errors for missing items in the Normandy Map.  Will this affect performance?   I am expecting the log file to be free of errors before you would release a product.   Is this an incorrect assumption on my part?    One last thing, do you have any suggestions how to clear the errors of missing weapons and duplicate items before the mission loads?   I am sending this to you to help make DCS better and I know how complex it can be to debug software.  If there is more information that you need please let me know and I will gladly gather it and send it to you.

For reference I have a AMD Ryzen 7800X3D with 64 GB or DDR5-6000 CL30 RAM and a Nvidia 4090.  I run Windows 11.  I recently upgraded from a AMD Ryzen 7700X with the hope that my FPS in VR on my Pimax Crystal would improve.  I am not seeing as much improvement as I had hoped for.   On my 4k monitor I do seem improvement and the CPU Frame Time and GPU Busy Frame Time are about equal using the Intel PresentMon tool. I am using Pimax XR and Quad Views Foveated Rendering.  Any tips you could offer would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Flatch

dcs.log

Edited by Flatch

18 hours ago, Flatch said:

Is this an incorrect assumption on my part? 

Well, it kind of is.

These errors and warnings are "normal / usual" in DCS, you'll find similar ones after using other map and aircraft combinations as well. They don't affect performance in noticeable way (or should I say, they're nothing compared to much bigger hardware and settings related factors) and thus can be ignored.

About the Pimax, I'd ask in VR or 2.9 performance section of the forum. There will be many more people discussing these matters over there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm getting these same errors, so you are not the only one. Probably nothing wrong with your system or DCS installation. I think also that by default the DCS log should be error free, which is not the case now?

Modules: FC3 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV-2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | UH-1H & WWII Assets Terrains: Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | South Atlantic Mods: A-4E-C | OV-10A | VSN_F104G

PC: AMD FX-8370 (8-core) | DDR3-1866MHz 32GB | AMD Radeon Vega 56 8GB | Corsair TX750 PSU | Lenovo 34" 21:9 screen

Controllers: CH Products F-16 Fighterstick | Saitek X52 Pro throttle | Saitek pedals | TrackIR 3