Does using the Updater to start DCS now default to MT?

Lee Dove
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I was doing some testing and was able to use (and get FPS improvement) in both the links I used to start 2.8. One calls the updater and used to be ST and the other direct to MT. Now to get ST I have to use the dcs.exe direct. This had me confused when people said DLSS was only available in MT and I seemed to get it in both (not the case).

So does using the updater now start MT?

Edited by Lee Dove

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

yes the updater will start MT after completing. 

Eventually ST will be removed from DCS once the team are happy. 

Thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 10/23/2023 at 2:56 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

yes the updater will start MT after completing.

Was this mentioned anywhere? I've lost my weekend looking for a solution for the horrible performance in DCS after the 2.9 update, and only now I figure it out that I was always running the MT exe.! Until 2.8 the MT version of DCS was pretty good performance wise, and I used it a lot. But for some reason in 2.9 is terrible. It is normal to have bugs in a beta version but, right now, there are an huge difference in performance between both versions. It should have been mentioned   that when we use the normal DCS short cut in our desktop we are actually starting the MT DCS version (which unfortunately is bugged right now).
After starting DCS directly from my main folder no more stutters, no more problems.
I bet many users are struggling to run DCS not knowing that they always running the problematic MT DCS exe.
Sorry about my pour english.

Cheers

• ED Team
8 hours ago, trindade said:

Was this mentioned anywhere? I've lost my weekend looking for a solution for the horrible performance in DCS after the 2.9 update, and only now I figure it out that I was always running the MT exe.! Until 2.8 the MT version of DCS was pretty good performance wise, and I used it a lot. But for some reason in 2.9 is terrible. It is normal to have bugs in a beta version but, right now, there are an huge difference in performance between both versions. It should have been mentioned   that when we use the normal DCS short cut in our desktop we are actually starting the MT DCS version (which unfortunately is bugged right now).
After starting DCS directly from my main folder no more stutters, no more problems.
I bet many users are struggling to run DCS not knowing that they always running the problematic MT DCS exe.
Sorry about my pour english.

Cheers

Sorry you have had a bad experience, please PM me and I will try to assist you. 

If you have not already try disabling Windows core parking

• Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello, I have the same problem, on the MT version the FPS are divided by two, I did the manipulation as on the video but it does not change anything.
My configuration: I7 10700KF , rtx 3090 , 64 Go Ram 3200 MHz.
Thanks for your help.

Edited by Scalp

On 10/25/2023 at 8:19 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Sorry you have had a bad experience, please PM me and I will try to assist you. 

If you have not already try disabling Windows core parking

Thanks for your help, mate. But running the non MT exe directly from the main folder I can fly with no problems and normal performance.

Cheers

• ED Team

please make a thread in the MT forum bugs area and attach your dcs log and dxdiag so we can take a closer look. 

We need to see each case as one is not always like another. 

Eventually the single threaded DCS will be removed so its best we investigate as many cases as possible now. 

thanks