How can I use steamVR with DCS MT?

v2tec

I have an HP Reverb G2 and played DCS with steamVR before. But with DCS MT (multi thread preview) I can only play with openXR.

I tried to replace the openvr_api.dll with that one from steam and removed the launch parameter -openxr , but it seems it doesn't work. DCS still starts with openXR.

Why I would like to use / try the steamVR. I had good performance values and I can reduce the resolution easily (better performance with good render quality). Yes, I can reduce the resolution with openXR Toolkit too, but the image quality is poor and I have a performance decrease, just when openXR Toolkit is running.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

As with @Zebra1-1 I'm pretty much doing the same thing, without issue

Install OpenXR Tools for WMR (via the Microsoft Store).

My settings are the following options (yours may vary)

• Use latest preview OpenXR runtime
  • Customised render scale (mine is set to 115%)
  • Motion Reprojection disabled
  • Prefer frame rate over latency

I also have a shortcut of my DCS MT exe on the desktop with the following in the "target" field within the properties

• [YOUR DRIVE LETTER]:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe --force_OpenXR

As my DCS is purchased and used within Steam, I just need to ensure that i have start the Steam client (not SteamVR) before starting the DCS shortcut

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dodge

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)