Mission 3 Sniffer mission issue, DCS 2.9

Dachs

DCS 2.9.0.47168 (Hotfix 1)

When starting Mission 3, I get to where I press space to report ready, and Chalk 1 says "Lifting in 5 sec."

He does indeed lift, but then he just stays there, hovering at 10 ft, slowly drifting around on the apron. I flew around watching him for a couple of minutes, then I proceeded to followed the flightplan, leaving him behind, but nothing happens.. I tried restarting the mission twice, to make sure it was not a fluke, but no luck.

I had one go at the mission, back in 2.8, where it worked fine (though my piloting was lacking) so I suspect 2.9 borked something ?

Edit:  Spotted the Bug section after I made this post, can see its already reported.

Edited by Dachs
Addition
  • Like 1

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

• 2 weeks later...

As you said in one of the other threads concerning this bug, they will eventually take off.

I sat for a good while in time acceleration, while Lead drifted around the entire apron. Miraculously he didnt collide with anything, and suddenly he jumped off. After catching up with him, the rest of the mission worked flawlessly I'm happy to report, although I did get a bit of extra ventilation in the cockpit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.