Force server to use certain public IP?

TL;DR: Is it possible to force a server to send ED a pre-defined public IP, instead the one it finds out itself?

Hello fellas,

AFAIK, when you open a public DCS server, it does a "what's my IP" check, and sends that IP to ED. Then if this server can indeed be found on such IP (you did your port forwarding correctly), it will show up in the multiplayer server browser.

However, in our case, we don't have control over the network that our server reside in (can't do port forwarding). So instead, we use a reverse proxy outside the network. Player can directly input the proxy server's IP, and their connection will be forwarded to the actual DCS server, all good here.

But the problem is, since the DCS server is not aware of such reverse proxy, it just sends its own IP to ED, which is not reachable from the outside, resulting in the server not showing up on the public browser.

I wonder if there is a way to force the DCS server to use the proxy's IP. If this is doable in config? Or maybe we can trick the server to *think* it has the other ip that is actually reachable from the outside?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

There is an option in the configuration files to define the binding IP, but it's more related to server machine with multiple physical ( or virtual ) interface, to define on what interface run the server, and I also believe you'll set the local IP and not the public one.
You can try this option, but I don't believe it will work. Probably you have to setup something like a full tunnel VPN to make server also appear online with the different IP to be able to see in the servers list.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!