I have noticed since the 2.9 update that the waypoint navigation isn't working properly in the F16  i start with a fresh waypoint punch in the cords and it takes me to the wrong place. it works fine on the f18 but the f16 seems to be bugged now.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if you found how to fix this but I do remember that the F18 manual waypoints use a different co-ordinate type to the F16.

I know from decades flying in a previous sim and also present in DCS:

the F16 uses Lat/Long/decimal co-ordinates, the ones that look like N53.04.694 E47.34.886.

The F18 (from memory here as not flown it in a while) uses a similar but different co-ordinates, N53.04.69 E47.34.88

Also entering the numbers with the F16 UCP I kept getting caught out by the "E0" routine where to get the East to enter you have to type "6" and "0" before entering the co-ordinates.

Just check as to which co-ordinates you are using to enter you waypoints. Use "ALT y" when in the F10 map they should change through 4 different types at the top left of the screen.

Hope it helps

Edited by Mearcat

• 1 month later...

Cant find this option. could you be more specific?.

for instance I have target coords like - N33-00-53.74    E035-41-19.50  how can I use them? F10 map the only way?

2 hours ago, di_ said:

Cant find this option. could you be more specific?.

for instance I have target coords like - N33-00-53.74    E035-41-19.50  how can I use them? F10 map the only way?

Top right corner of the OPTIONS / MISC screen will let you change the default.  If you click to the left of the co-ordinates on the F10 map it will cycle between the options.  What you are showing is DD MM SS.SS.  I think what you need for the F-16 (but I haven't used it in a while so could be wrong) is DD MM.MMMM which will show up as N33.00.5374 E035.41.1950 (note that this co-ordinate is a different location to your original due to format even though the numbers are all the same).

• Like 1