Game crash upon entering all (most?) MP servers

RafaPolit

Good afternoon.  So, every MP server I go into, the game crashes.  Maybe they are all using the same "script" or something that is triggering the crash, maybe it's on my end.  I'm attaching the crash reports.

My half-educated research looks like there is a problem with "Descriptor not found weapons.shells.AK630_30_AP", but I can't find which lua file, script or whatever process is referencing that descriptor.

Online search shows https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-miscScripts/blob/master/ObjectDB/Ships/MOLNIYA.lua uses that EXACT line, but I don't think I have that file in either the core installation nor my saved games folder.

I'd appreciate any insight into where to begin looking?  Thanks.  Best regards,

Rafa.

dcs.log dcs.log-20231103-032230.zip

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

well first thing I would say instability of your system? Do you run any mods? can you also post your dxdiag? do you use a modified pagefile?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Not anymore, and I have not had this ever... this just begun happening with the new 2.9 open beta.  I just tried another server and a different "weapon.shells" error appeared, now with 20x138B_HE .

I have done a quick and then a long repair.  

I'm attaching the new logs and dxdiag.

I do have mods, they have never presented an issue, that's why I was asking for help in possibly narrowing down where this error could start.  I could remove all mods, but I'd prefer if an educated guess can point me into a more "laser focused" solution, rather than just uninstalling everything.

dcs.log-20231103-043038.zip dcs.log dxdiag.txt

Edited by RafaPolit

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

well it maybe something with a resize of your screen. in the log it states this:

[code] 2023-11-03 04:30:38.907 INFO    DXGUI_WIN_ADAPTER (Main): resize main window to [0, 0]
2023-11-03 04:30:42.256 INFO    DXGUI_WIN_ADAPTER (Main): ChangeDisplaySettings failed! Result is -2
2023-11-03 04:30:42.258 INFO    DXGUI_WIN_ADAPTER (Main): resize main window to [3840, 2760] [/code]

Do you use a seperate monitor for MFD';s?? It looks like something is not changing to the resolution and you get a failure hence probally why it kicks you from the server or errors out... IS single play ok?? 

And that last line say resize to 3840 x 2760 and not 2160?? do you use a mod that uses MFD's or similar?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• ED Team

please remove all unofficial mods, mods should be removed every time there is an update, we can not test unofficial mods and some do create problems. 

As you have many this will be the first suspect with any issues. 

After removing the unofficial mods run a slow repair and delete any files it flags. 

then test. 

Attach a fresh dcs log if you still have issues.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2