rocking roll at low speed 170kts with Automatic Pilot

patrov62

Hello,

"when lowering landing gear at 170kts in downwind leg or ILS descent the aircraft starts a continuous rocking roll (about 2 or 3°). It stops only when switching off the AP. The problem appeared at 2.8.1.34437 open Beta Changelog."

In march I reported this problem and it's still not solved. This aircraft is still a wonder to fly but in ILS final it's quite annoying to have this constant rocking. Is there any chance to have it fixed in the near future ?

A fix is being tested. This should be released in December if it works well.

The oscillations have been caused by several changes in FBW laws, mostly the one coordinating the rudder. AP gains have been tuned but we need to test it a lot to be sure we do not impact negatively the autopilot.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for your encouraging reply. Of course I understand any intervention on FBW is critical and may impact a lot of parameters. And as a former French Air Force pilot I Appreciate so much this aircraft and its very realistic behaviour. Congratulations and keep on your very good job in improving it !

• 1 month later...

Hi, big improvement ! After december updates, even if not documented on the list of corrections, the oscillations at low speed with gear down and automatic pilot enabled have disappeared.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Hi, you're welcome. Another big improvement : with the recent updates, the GPU use with DLSS is so much better ! I was amazed even with my recent NVIDIA RTX 4090 to have to lower some settings when playing at 4k - 120Hz.
Now it's a wonder : all settings max and 120FPS easily sustained with only 70-80% GPU use and 15% CPU use ! Again congratulations !