Simulation

frodrigues2016

Hello to all here on DCS and all who like simulators.

Do you remember the simulations for the Spectrum Computer probably dont my first computer system was the Spectrum+ a 8 bit computer with 48k a nice keyboard and (cassete) game load system external to the computer. My first Simulation game was called gunship and it had aproximaly 4 or 5 (cassetes) that i had to replace a couple of times from the player machine

The game was a Simulation almost perfect except the graphics because the Spectrum only had a few colors on the TV and a poor resolution but the programming had no flaws. The game Gunship had only one helicopter that i liked very much the Apache a helicopter from the military with wings that could carry a payload of considerable amount it had two engines that gave power to four blades on the front and two on the rear it had two pilots one was the pilot and the other was the co-pilot. I remember the hours spent on virtual missions that the game gave to the game player that was me. At that time i was only a kid because i bought the computer when it came out in my country probably the late 70s i dont remember. Today i remember the "Pretender" TV Shows that i watched on TV. "Profiler" "McGuyver" "X-Files" among others. So Simulations now are basicly the only entertainment games i play on my PC desktop or laptop because i began to be so fun of Simulations that all other games were left behind but that my opinion. I would like to read your comments on Simulations that i think is the future and could helps us in many ways.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

I've been flight simming since the late 80's on multiple pc platforms, multiple gfx card upgrades, etc.  I think it's amazing the quality improvements since those days.  

I remember flying the "A" side of M$FS 5-1/4 floppy disk on the C-64. ("B" side was the WWI combat sim).  Choppy flight, incredibly blocky graphics.  But this was state-of-the-art in the late 80's.  Remember how amazing it was to actually see a rendered landmark for where you were at?

Moved on to the Microprose flight sims on an IBMPC, which were -- for the time -- state of the art.

IMHO, I think DCS is the pinnacle of flight dynamics.  This is saying a lot with competition from M$ and FSX...  These are OK, but they don't give the FEEL of flight dynamics the way DCS does.  DCS modeled wing flex, for crying out loud!!!

I just wish that ED would take the hit on the bottom line and get rid of the 20+ year old code.  They are making improvements greatly, but all the constant new modules doesn't hide the elephant.

For the future of simulations...more realism, realistic AI, VR that doesn't make me airsick...

PS:  "Pretender", "X-Files" and "McGuyver" are from three several COMPLETELY different eras...80's, mid 90's and late 90's.  Much changed in those times.

I think Simulations are the future Microsoft was developing the hololens and kinect a decade or two ago.

Touchable simulations could change everything and traveling in space too if we combine these too maybe we could have VR and AR at its fulliest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.