Fly the AV-8B, F-15E, F-16C, or are a controller in the EU or NA? Join DCAF!

Panny

The Digital Coalition Air Force (DCAF) is pleased to announce that it is opening recruitment for its upcoming training season that begins next January and finishes at the close of March. If you are someone who wants to sharpen their skills and get the best out of what DCS has to offer, this group is for you. We are fielding applications for controllers (whether ATC, GCI, JTAC/FAC), AV-8B Harrier II, F-15E Strike Eagle, and F-16C Fighting Falcon.

ENZ26e9OARp1D02bUpoGT5ga751yB_n48bzstRK3

Screen_230924_140346.jpg?ex=6566354d&is=

DCAF is a milsim group with most of its community based in the EU. We pride ourselves on our excellent training syllabus, instructors, and the ops that we offer our pilots. Presently, DCAF alternates between training and operations season every quarter, in which the former is used to train new cadets to the required squadron standard, and to sharpen the skills of our current aircrew. We undertake this rigorous training program to ensure that all our aircrew meet the standards required for our ops season, fit into the squadron, and get the best from the incredible campaign our hardworking mission makers create.

-P1L7YY_rbZlKftVH_Bc3rT8pgIiivus__05ax61

Our times:

During training season we fly every Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday at 1830Z. It is a minimum requirement to regularly attend every Thursday, and dependent on some squadrons attend twice a week due to training workload and meaningful progression.

Our squadrons:

AV-8B Harrier II – (v)RAF 20 Squadron

s7dtlgag4A2dlc2vUoUhMFZ_K21GObbkCtHG2KoA

DCAF’s (v)RAF 20 Squadron is our longest-serving, and stands out for its unwavering determination and unparalleled reliability in mission versatility. Fuelled by a culture of continuous self-reflection and improvement, we never back down—we get the job done.

Upon completing our rigorous training program, you'll master Close Air Support, Detached Air Support, and Aerial Interdiction - regardless of the time of day or weather conditions - in contested airspace, at low-level, and from austere locations.

If you're ready to unlock your jet's full potential and join a culture that thrives on excellence, 20 Squadron is your ultimate destination

F-15E Strike Eagle – (v)USAF 335th  ‘Chiefs’

The 335th ‘Chiefs’ is DCAF’s largest and premier air to air squadron, operating the F-15E Strike Eagle. Thanks to the incredible power of the F-15E’s -229 engines, APG-70 and load carrying capacity, the Chiefs has the perseverance to stay on station longer, fly higher, and fly faster than any other type in DCAF’s roster.

If you are interested in rigorous training, getting a comprehensive air to air understanding, being part of complex operations, immersive experiences, and getting the best out of what DCS has to offer, this is the squadron for you. By the end of the training season, you will be able to operate as a wingman in a flight, execute fourship tacform and BVR in any weather, at any time of day; all without datalink. You will be trained in both DCA and OCA fundamentals in order to tailor the squadron’s air to air tasking according to the mission at hand; including an appreciation of ACM execution. Air to air refuelling, day or night, will be the norm.

You can read more about us and how we undertake training season here: 

F-16C Fighting Falcon – (v)USAF 119th ‘Jersey Devils’

The 119th 'Jersey Devil's is DCAF's dedicated Wild Weasels, specializing in hunting and killing enemy  SAMs and SHORAD systems, clearing a path for the other squadrons. We are looking for pilots that accept high risk, that are flexible and able to solve problems fast and creatively as they pop up. We are usually first in and last to leave, and we rely on our own ability to defend against air and ground threats alike! If you like fast and dynamic problem solving, and love flying the "racing model" of all airframes, then you might have what it takes to be a Devil!

Combined Controller Wing:

L_x5R0A1-hBfFhCpew5k_i3Uh2XUrnKMcEvyUyUg

We've always cared about having Air Traffic Controllers and Aerospace Battle Managers be commonplace in our operations, providing a great setting for both experienced and aspiring controllers to hone their skills. 

We’re looking for 4 new controllers to join our team in 2024. Training Season you can expect to be supporting aircrew alongside other controllers for a more rich learning environment, with 1:1 tutoring available as you progress through the online lessons and assessments, this will prepare you for our Operations Season in April.

Note: Combined Arms is required for ATC roles and Simple Radio Standalone is used for radio communications, we provide free licences for LotAtc on our servers.

---------------------------------

If you are interested in joining DCAF, you can either get in contact with a recruitment officer directly from one of the above squadrons, or you can get in contact with any of the links below.

Depending on the squadron selected, applications will involve an introductory talk and checkrides in order to filter the appropriate applicants, which will be explained by your recruitment officer. It is a good idea to be familiar with the module that you are applying for (i.e. ability to air to air refuel and understand basic combat systems), as these will be assessed during the checkrides.

Due to the nature of our training and operations seasons, you should be confident that at least the first 6 months of DCAF will generally be free for you will be able to attend(holidays, annual leave etc. of course are absolutely fine). Ideally, candidates who will have a predictable schedule for the next year are preferred.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on the training season.

Kind regards,

DCAF Recruitment Team

https://discord.gg/dcaf

https://dcafoc.wixsite.com/home

Edited by Panny
  • Like 3

Great post. I was attracted by the design of the training system and was pleased to find a group that was less about virtual 'rank' and command, and more about making use of every individual's ability and ambition. If you like a challenge and want to push yourself in the digital skies regardless of airframe or role, don't hesitate to apply!

• Like 1

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

I have been part of DCAFs 20 Squadron for many years now. We try to be the best we can be in our airframe, from FARP operations behind enemy lines to naval ops. I think we offer a very diverse experience and have fun in the process. We have many dedicated members that push our knowledge all the time, and we would love for you to join us!

• Like 2

Phew, what a ride so far. I must be in my third year with DCAF by now, and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Training is demanding, but there are a great bunch of guys to help you out if you show an honest interest in improving. Short sessions can sometimes turn into long evenings of debriefing or just random chatting. The level of passion and involvement overall is quite something, and if you want, you are offered many ways to contribute to the greater community. So if you're looking for a group with a decent level of commitment and seriousness about learning new skills, this could be it. 

• Like 1

Awesome Group! I was looking for a squadron after getting saturated from flying, picking up every airframe but not really learning one. Last Year while looking for a group that focuses on realism without enforcing a military ranking system, I stumbled upon DCAF. Thrown into a challenging but interesting training season I learned how much knowledge has been accumulated within DCAF. From an extensive documentation, competent Instructors to fun evening chats you will find everything here. With still so much to learn I look forward to continuing flying with DCAF and can highly recommend having a look to see if this is the right group for you.

• Like 1

Since the best part of 30 years I´ve been using flight simulators. While (re)discovering DCS and getting the F-16 module, still the coolest jet, I became interested to learn more than what I was able to figure out on my own. I read DCAF was offering this in depth source of information with a dedicated training syllabus and experienced members. I couldn´t imagine beforehand the amount of knowledge available, how much I needed to learn (still am) and on top how much more fun it is flying with a dedicated group. I´m in for the realism, the input, the analysis. Great efforts are made to prep missions, make kneeboards and perform (de)briefings. Having traffic and tactical control communication provides that extra layer to create an all-round experience. I´ve learned the ins and outs of my favorite jet and it´s been very interesting. Dedication is required and a healthy obsession with military aviation. Training and ops are challenging, but persisting will get you memorable situations that will bring you, from behind a screen, as close as possible to the real thing.

• Like 1