Radios won't accept frequencies entered with all 0s as decimals

LazyBoot

Radios won't accept frequencies entered with all 0s as decimals, which means you can't put back the old frequency that gets placed in your scratchpad if it was a whole number (like "253.000"). Anything ending in ".0" ".00" or ".000" just results in the error-flashing.
And this applies to both radios.

Just confirm you are just typing 2530 in the scratchpad and not 253.00, you don’t need to put the “.” In the scratchpad, the interface is smart enough to work it out. 

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

12 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

Just confirm you are just typing 2530 in the scratchpad and not 253.00, you don’t need to put the “.” In the scratchpad, the interface is smart enough to work it out. 

I did have the decimal point in there, because that's how the jet itself fills out the scratchpad with the old frequency.

• Like 2

This has been driving me crazy, why it will sometimes enter the frequency and other times not.  Here is a simple track, radio #2 comes up with 133.000 and I enter 249.500 which is accepted and 133.000 is displayed in the entry line.  Clicking enter again to put 133.000 back doesn't work and 133.000 just flashes.  249.500 can be put back in radio 2 but not 133.000.

2023-11-19 F15E Radio Freq.trk