Datalink ranking (Rearranging)

Lekaa

Hello.

When having 4 different groups and each group is a singelship. Trying to get them to be in the same network as members, I would like to be able to rank them, (rearranging them).

Example, if I add members to the first ship, let's call it Hornet1-1. Add the rest of the flight, Hornet1-2 (B), Hornet1-3(C), Hornet1-4(D).
Hornet1-1 will be A, etc. ONLY Hornet1-1 will have the members, while the rest won't have members att all. Hornet1-2 won't be able to have ABCD to the same group.

Trying to resolve this, I tried to open Hornet1-2 to add the members to that group too. Again singelship, the issue now is hornet1-2 Can't be B, since it's second in that group. It will only be A

LONG story short. We should be able to rearrange the ranking, right now we can't.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Lekaa
  • Like 2

• ED Team

Hi Leeka,

thank you for the post and DM on discord. I have asked the team about this and they may consider options for the future for reordering in the mission editor. For now however we will leave this in wish list. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi Leeka,

thank you for the post and DM on discord. I have asked the team about this and they may consider options for the future for reordering in the mission editor. For now however we will leave this in wish list. 

thank you

Thank you for asking the team for me.

But i urge you not to make it a wishlist,  reson for it when doing case 1/3, the boat will assigne the flight for landing/take off, and not a singelship like we want to.  I'm not talking about the Datalink group but the actual group.

Sometimes if a group is taking off from the carrier and someone jumps inbetween, some catapult won't work until everyone is airborne in that group. 

That's why we want to have them separated in the group but in the same link.

Secondly,  there have to be away to assign someone else to be lead in the jet. Meaning, if someone adds me to be as 2 in their members, i should be able to be assinged ass B and i should see him as A.

Just like the F16.

I will send you evidence once i have it. 

thanks.