Placed my order... !

Keith Briscoe

Well, after a lot of deliberation and countless hours on YT and forum/discord... I placed an order for Orion 2 Hotas Max with 15ex throttle (+finger lift) and f16ex stick.  Got a few bucks off with the 5% sale.  Paid via Paypal.  Looks like it went through.  I clicked "Download Invoice"... it downloaded but when I went to view, it said "can't open this file".  I assume that may be due to Chinese characters.

Interested to know any of the latest experiences with delivery to US.  1 week, 2 weeks, more?  Just curious.

Now I need to order a couple mounting plates from MonsterTech.

Birthday present to myself!

Anyone else make a recent order??

• Like 1

Update... received box 1 of 4 this morning; three days after placing order. It is the throttle base. Looks and feels great to me so far.

Fedex now shows next shipment arrives Sun 11/26... we'll see.  Huh, I actually need my monstertech mounting plates to arrive before the rest of the hotas!!!

Edited by Keith Briscoe

Update #2.  I received the remaining 3 boxes on Monday 11/26.  Pretty quick turnaround from order to full delivery - Chengdu to Austin, TX in 6 days.

Assembly was easy/straightforward.  I had watched a few YT videos, so knew what to expect.

My monstertech mounting plates have not yet arrived (believe they have some backorder things going on), but I was able to cobble together some parts to make due and mount to my 8020 rig tonight (Tues).  Downloaded and installed simapp pro; connected devices via usb; did a suggested firmware update for throttle base.  Got in to DCS and started the long process of assigning key bindings to axes and buttons, etc.  Figured out the throttle calibration and AB detent thanks to @MustangSally post.

This stuff is super cool.  I have a LOT of button options so going to require hand-to-brain training to re-learn my way around and see what I prefer.  Tomorrow I hope to spend more time getting super familiar.

Happy to answer any questions. 

Edited by Keith Briscoe