My Scenery is Loading Really Slowly

Rex

Every time I restart a mission, the surface looks like it's 100% water, and it stays this way for several minutes.  The first time I launched it today, everything looked like water for 12 minutes into the mission until it finally loaded.  Now it's down to 3-5 minutes, but that's much longer than it used to be, and everytime I hit F2 to view another plane, it takes the scenery awhile to load for that view, anywhere from 2 seconds to 2 minutes).

This is Normandy 2.0.

Is this a known issue?

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

When you installed the latest update did you

1. Remove any Mods before the installing the update

2. Do a repair after the installing the update

3. Delete all files in your Users/(name)/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/fxo and Users/(name)/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/metashaders2

4. Reinstall any mods (I use OvGME which makes deleting and re-enabling Mods very easy)

5. Restart DCS once doing the above

6. Run the game in the Normandy 2 map for about 5 to 10 minutes to allow the fxo and metashader files to rebuild?

I have a single player mission with a F-18 flying around on autopilot set up in each map that I run for at least 5 minutes (in each map) so that the fxo and metashader files are generated covering all maps. This seems to assist in reducing the loading time - to an extent.