Mission 6, Cannot Lock Onto Helicopters with Aim 9x after latest DCS open beta update

cm2

Cannot seem to lock on to the Helicopter with my Aim 9x, cage is open, Master Arm on, AA mode, got a helicopter inside my Aim9 circle but no tone. Locking helicopters using Radar also takes a long time with boresight mode, sometimes radar cannot lock on the helicopter at all in boresight mode too. 

Hi

They are moving quite slow which can be a problem for radar in DCS. You should be able to, and have always been able to, lock on them with your AIM9X. If this is no longer the case it is not a Campaign scripting issue but a DCS bug and you should report to ED on the forum so they can fix it. I will try it out myself and let you know how i get on.  

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi, thanks for that, not had a chance to check yet, but doesn’t look right. Can you submit it as a bug to ED please. The more that raise it the quicker they will fix it. As I said it’s nothing the campaign scripting can control. 

• Like 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Great. To be honest working on the latest campaign have noticed in some A2A engagement an increased difficulty getting a 9x lock. 

Shouldn’t be that hard. Remember in daylight ensure your head mounted display is up and running as with the 9x you can take out bandits almost in your 9 and 3. 
Yes the next one is with the F18. In fact you will see the same characters as each of my campaigns are linked with an on going story line.

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried/tested or are you going to test using the 9x on helicopters after Open Beta 2.9.2.49629 update @Badger633 ? Posted a question on the bug investigation progress directed to ED Team @BIGNEWY on the ED Hornet Bug report board but got no response. I thought the ED Team would have gotten something on it after almost a month of investigation but alas no response other than the status of it that's currently being investigated.

Edited by cm2

Hi @cm2

No not yet, I have been busy with the new campaign at the moment. Sometimes it can take a good while for ED to respond and fix things. Are you still getting the same problem.

If you have not got a response then lodge an update to say you have not had a response. To be honest the more they get the more likely they are to deal with it. 

When I get some time will check it out.  In fact there is a mission in my new campaign which has some helos and 9xs which I am testing shortly.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas BTW Badger633 🙂

I haven't downloaded the OB  2.9.2.49629 update myself. Want to know first if it's fixed or not with the update before downloading to prevent my SSD from writing needlessly saving its TBW. Because I am also playing Baldur's Gate III and Baldur's Gate III is rather "crazy" with its reeeally large sized frequent game updates. My poor SSD lol

Niiiice! Please let me know how it goes. and Thanks Badger633! 🙂

Edited by cm2

• 1 month later...

Still nothing, zero response from ED on the matter after almost 3 months and thus I just opened a ticket on the matter. let's see if there will be a response. I am one of their customers they must at least say something on the matter instead of just staying "silent" it's like my report is being "ignored". 

2 hours ago, cm2 said:

Still nothing, zero response from ED on the matter after almost 3 months and thus I just opened a ticket on the matter. let's see if there will be a response. I am one of their customers they must at least say something on the matter instead of just staying "silent" it's like my report is being "ignored". 

Sorry, but your report was marked as "investigating".  Any response you get beyond that will likely be a comment in the patch threads that they've fixed it.  While it is obviously a major issue for you, that doesn't mean they don't have other issues that they consider higher priority to fix, so it may well take a lot longer than you'd like for them to look at it and get it fixed.  Most issues get no further response than "investigating" or sometimes "reported" until they are fixed.

The thing is it's obviously an issue/bug thus it should already be reported instead of just being investigated. I am not the only one with the same issue/bug. If it's not reported to the programmers than how can it get fixed as it's still on the Testers side. Game Testers should report the issue/bug to the Programmers to get it fixed.

@Badger633

BIGNEWY Responded and he said the helicopters could be equipped with IR deflectors, thus causing the problem. Soo perhaps you could check the mission you created? Are the helicopters equipped with IR deflectors? maybe the update changes the default settings for helicopters in the mission editor? maybe helicopters are equipped with IR deflectors automatically after the update?  

And I just tried the AIM 9x Test mission BIGNEWY provided (I attached it on this post). seems working fine with the 9X's lock and tone. cage and uncaged. So probably the IR deflectors are the cause of the problem in the mission? The helicopters in the mission should not be equipped with IR deflectors, story wise right?

TestAim9xtones.miz

Edited by cm2

Will check it out

• Like 1

Hey @cm2

Looks like the problem is as @BIGNEWY has suggested. The Helos now are fitted with IR suppressors, must have been introduced automatically somewhere along the line.

I have updated the mission now and removed them from the normal versions but kept them for the hard version. I have issued the update to ED but it is probably too late to catch  this months, but it will be updated in the one after that. 

Thanks for the heads up on this one also thanks @BIGNEWY for your input.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

with the IR suppressor's fitted you should still get a lock on them and good tone, but hopefully your resave will help. 

thank you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Nice.

I tried the mission again via the mission editor, first without the IR Deflectors and then with the IR Deflectors.

With IR Deflectors it's indeed hard to get a tone especially from the front.

Without the IR deflectors it's working normally. 

• Thanks 1