[FIXED] MSL Volume Gives Non-stop Audible Warnings

Alpha_Mo66

I have lately been experiencing an issue whenever I adjust the MSL Volume knob midflight. It results in non-stop audible warnings going off and there's no way I am able to stop them. Surprisingly, the warning button does not flash when this happens.

I recently noticed that it reproduces only when the Weapons Master switch is turned on.

Irrespective of turning it back to safe and resetting the warning system by clicking the button, there is no way that I know of that silences the audible warnings.

dcs.log Pretense_PersianGulf_5am-20231126-144651.trk

Edited by uboats

2023/11/26 PM8点25分,Alpha_Mo66说:

I have lately been experiencing an issue whenever I adjust the MSL Volume knob midflight. It results in non-stop audible warnings going off and there's no way I am able to stop them. Surprisingly, the warning button does not flash when this happens.

I recently noticed that it reproduces only when the Weapons Master switch is turned on.

Irrespective of turning it back to safe and resetting the warning system by clicking the button, there is no way that I know of that silences the audible warnings.

dcs.log 217.7KB · 10次下载 Pretense_PersianGulf_5am-20231126-144651.trk 38.22MB · 11次下载

Hi, I have checked your TRK and to be honest, this file is too long

Here is my attempt to understand your description. Can you help me check if it is the issue you want to provide feedback on:

1- You rotated the MSL volume knob

2- In your TRK, when you perform this action, the female alarm sound (tracking, tracking) and the sound of a certain "Didi Didi" RWR warning sound will also become lighter at the same time

and I didn't notice any action on the main warning light. Is this issue in TRK? Or rather, during a certain time period of this TRK?

Thanks~

Edited by JG54_NF2

Spot on!! You hit the nail directly on the head..

No warning light flashing, and the warning sounds never stop. This will continue throughout the track the minute I am airborne and rotate the MSL Volume knob while master arm switch set to on.

However, the issue doesn't occur on the ground regardless of master arm switch's state.

Hi

that "dididi" warning appears when detects a new "thread" emitter, for each new thread keep emitting, "dididi" goes off for one time.

it's probably too many sam's sr/tr in your mission

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

The "dididi" warning is not an issue. I'm perfectly aware of its purpose. It's the audible warnings like "Fuel" and "Altitude, Altitude" that start playing without indication (master caution) and can't be turned off until you land.

This only happens while you're airborne, with master switch armed, and after adjusting the MSL Volume knob.

I'll attach another TRK file, but shorter this time for everyone to view. I'm also doing a slow repair to DCS while drafting this reply. Hopefully the repair would fix the issue

Edited: Slow repair didn't fix the issue. Please watch the track up until the time I lock on ground target, launch the GB6-SFW and adjust the MSL Vol knob. @JG54_NF2 and @uboats

Pretense_PersianGulf_5am-20231128-212339.trk dcs.log

Edited by Alpha_Mo66

I've had similar issue recently, Betty got stuck repeating "altitude, altitude", had to turn the MSL volume completely off.

No track file unfortunately, it happened after over one hour of playtime so even if I had one it would be useless anyway.

It hasn't happened since though and I have no idea how to reproduce the issue

• Like 1

Please view my trk file and emulate the step sequence I took until the issue occurs. I f you end up getting the same issue, then I believe it's good reason for Devs to investigate in the root cause of the issue.

1. Load module with GB-6-sfw

2. designate a ground target

3. launch GB-6

4. Adjust MSL Vol knob

2023/11/30 AM12点20分,Alpha_Mo66说:

Please view my trk file and emulate the step sequence I took until the issue occurs. I f you end up getting the same issue, then I believe it's good reason for Devs to investigate in the root cause of the issue.

1. Load module with GB-6-sfw

2. designate a ground target

3. launch GB-6

4. Adjust MSL Vol knob

2023/11/29 AM8点34分,Dr_Pavelheer说:

I've had similar issue recently, Betty got stuck repeating "altitude, altitude", had to turn the MSL volume completely off.

No track file unfortunately, it happened after over one hour of playtime so even if I had one it would be useless anyway.

It hasn't happened since though and I have no idea how to reproduce the issue

OK, Let me take a look at your latest TRK.

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] MSL Volume Gives Non-stop Audible Warnings
6 hours ago, Alpha_Mo66 said:

@uboats not sure how you labeled the issue as "fixed", because the problem still persists. I'll be attaching another short TRK file soon.

Probably fixed internally and earmarked for the next OB patch.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14