SU-27 ACM Modes

Bunzy

After neglecting FC3 and Redfor Jets for too long I have hopped in the Su-27 and started learning. It's a great Jet and I'm enjoying it.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is if the SU-27 has a Supersearch/Boresight/PAL etc mode that is NOT for the Electro-Optical system?

Basically I am used to Modules like the F14/F15/F16 where if I spot the enemy I can point the nose at it, use one of these ACM modes, get a lock, and Fire.
But I am finding with the SU-27 sometimes I can spot the enemy and even though I'm pointing right at it the Radar isn't picking up the bandit fast enough (I try using HIGH mode but still nadda) and the enemy has me locked quickly. (and a Missile quickly follows)

If I use the ACM modes in the SU-27 and press/spam the lock button, even though I can see the jet and it's close (Within 10km/5nm) I can't get a lock because it's not presenting a strong enough heat signature. Probably because it's nose hot.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how the FC3 version of the SU-27 functions?

If your plan is to use a radar guided missile, you still have to use EOS as primary with its FC3 limitations. Select boresight. An IR missile will be automatically selected. Press lock. Whether or not the target is locked, switch to the radar guided missile. Now when the lock is established, EOS passes the target off to radar and your radar missile is launched. This means that you will probably be well within visual range before a missile comes off the rail.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

58 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

EOS passes the target off to radar and your radar missile is launched.

Ok, got it. I read about that...I just wanted to know if I could Boresight lock the target using Radar and not the EOS. Bummer.

I appreciate you confirming that for me. 🤙