stuck on mission 1 Red Flag.

mla306

Hi, I think I am doing everything correct.  I have AG pressed, "ready" on the bombs on the SMS, with the 75/2 settings and CCRP.  I find the target no problem in the TGP and I DMS up to point track on it.  I get the crossbar coming down the azimuth and hold the weapons release but the bombs never drop.  I have jettisoned the wing tanks with no problem so I don't think it's the weapons release mapping that's the problem?  Any ideas?  Is there a safety switch somewhere I'm missing?  I've read Chuck's guide and can't see what I'm missing?

Thoughts?

Is it the pull up cue instead of the release cue? I don't think Chuck's guide has been updated since it was added. If that's what you're seeing you can ignore it and a few seconds later you'll get the regular ccrp release cue. You might also be able to get rid of it by going into the CNTL page on the SMS, look for a release angle setting, and change it to 0.

No I don't think it's either.  I have master arm on and I've tried both laser on and off.  I'm flying level and the bar comes down from the top and I get a circle that flashes to indicate the release and time for the laser to fire but no drop.  I should have pointed out that I can do the training missions with no problem and I've checked my settings in both and can't see any different settings.  

• 4 weeks later...

I also think that could be the pull up cue, is this happening to you?

Maybe you can upload a track so we can see it?

On 12/3/2023 at 4:06 PM, AGM2017 said:

Is it the pull up cue instead of the release cue? I don't think Chuck's guide has been updated since it was added. If that's what you're seeing you can ignore it and a few seconds later you'll get the regular ccrp release cue. You might also be able to get rid of it by going into the CNTL page on the SMS, look for a release angle setting, and change it to 0.

I also think that changing the release angle settings should get rid of the pull up cue, but apparently it doesn't. I raised a question here but it's inconclusive.