HE Rounds Not Registering Damage on SA11 Vehicles

Lasko

Not sure if this is a Ka50 problem or vehicle damage problem.  The SA11 C2, TEL and SR are sometimes impossible to hit using HE rounds.  Switching to AP does damage every time.  In the track file I set up 6 SA11 vehicles.  The first five are not damaged at all by HE bursts, and are destroyed by one AP burst.  The last is destroyed by HE for some reason.

2023-12-02 Ka50 SA11.trk

• Like 1

I think there's some issue with Ka-50 HE gun damage at long range. It often doesn't register. I have problems killing infantry at 3.5+ km with HE rounds, even if they hit very close. Kinetic performance should not matter in this case, as the explosion is the only source of damage. 

For vehicles, maybe you could explain with lack of penetration...

4 hours ago, PawlaczGMD said:

I think there's some issue with Ka-50 HE gun damage at long range. It often doesn't register. I have problems killing infantry at 3.5+ km with HE rounds, even if they hit very close. Kinetic performance should not matter in this case, as the explosion is the only source of damage. 

For vehicles, maybe you could explain with lack of penetration...

Never mind, I did more testing, and this aspect is fine.

These vehicles have some armor, so within simplified DCS modelling, they are probably immune to HE . Although I agree that the radars and launchers should definitely be hurt by HE. I hope that with the Dynamic Campaign, a better ground damage model will come.

• Like 1