Upcoming AI GFM A/G questions

HWasp

I would be interested, what type of changes can we expect regarding AI ground attack / CAS behaviour with the new GFM, when it releases?

I'm hoping for a new AI, that flies much more agressively by default. Are the attack profiles, speeds and altitudes going to be redone? 

Regarding unguided weapons, will there be an option or a logic to change profile and release parameters based on expected threat level? (For example AI firing rockets further away from target at a higher speed and more agressive profile if high threat is expected.)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Would love if AI could toss bomb, both guided and unguided. Same with helicopters. If the Russians copters could lob rockets which they apparently do.

That would be nice to have as an option.

I think the AI should have attack profiles based on expected threat levels, that could be set in the Mission Editor or in Dynamic Campaign. One could be the current low threat "target practice" type, then one intermediate, that is more agressive, and one with bomb/rocket toss.

Edited by HWasp
  • Like 1

AI air to ground really needs to be looked at, since right now it's extremely basic. There's a lot that an A-10 wingman is responsible for IRL, and ability to actually work with AI for air to ground is important. Being able to set basic attack profiles in ME would be a start, but telling the AI which type of attack to use when leading it is a must. Also, "cover" role, basically the AI orbits the area and reports, then rolls in on any threats that pop up. There's also a whole slew of potentially useful options for helos.

• Like 1