Fuel gauge accuracy, total fuel used and fuel available

gulredrel

Hello,

back from a flight in the C-101CC where fuel warning came on short after a touch and go. Went around, landed and during taxiing back, fuel pressure warning came on first flickering and shortly afterwards was solid and the engine quit.

I started my flight with 1980 lbs of fuel regarding to mission editor. With the engine quitting during taxi, the fuel totalizer showed 1400 lbs of used fuel. The fuel gauge showed around 200 lbs.

Haven't found something in the manual regarding usable fuel and reliability of the fuel totalizer or the fuel gauge.

What should be taken into account for fuel planning if neither the fuel gauge nor the totalizer is showing accurate data?! What amount of fuel needs to be considered as not usable?

I have the track file, but it's 6.7MB large and you would need to watch more than an hour of just a scenic flight in SA map. 😂

Thanks

Jens

And an update for completeness of data. Did the same flight with the EB version.

Started with 1980 lbs fuel regarding mission editor.

The fuel warning light came on as the fuel flow meter showed a total used fuel of 1540 lbs. Fuel gauge was roughly showing 400 lbs fuel left.

Screen_231210_132712_1540_used_fuel_warn

Shortly after landing, fuel totalizer showed 1600 lbs of used fuel, fuel pressure warning came on and the engine quit. Fuel gauge showed around 300 lbs of remaining fuel.

Screen_231210_133523_EB_empty_gauge_300l

Here is the corresponding track file: 20231210_C-101EB_fuel_empty_on_taxi_back.trk

Regarding the manual, the low fuel warning comes on at around 370 lbs remaining fuel. Being near the airport, this amount should be sufficient to do a missed approach and a circuit, landing and taxi back to the parking space.

Thanks

Jens