Quest 3 questions on set up

markturner1960

Hi, my wife recently got a Quest 3 for herself, but I am keen to try it out as a comparison, I currently use a Quest Pro. 

Whats the quickest / easiset way to try it out on my PC? Add it as another device in the mobile app? Will it matter she used a different account to set it up? 

Once connected to the app, whats the best way to use the Q3? Via the same cable I use for my Quest pro ( which is not the standard link cable, but an aftermarket charging cable) 

I hear talk of VD etc.....is this needed ? 

Advice appreciated, thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

No one here with a Quest 3? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I have a Quest 2 but I'll try to help.

- I think you can use multiple devices on the same account in the app, or multiple accounts with the same device.

- For me cable was always the best option. Any quality USB-C cable will do, all Quest models can use the same one. Airlink in my case was inconsistent, with random stutters and loss of visual quality. VD is better than Airlink, it has more options, but is wireless only so if you want to connect by cable you can't even use VD.

Hi, my wife recently got a Quest 3 for herself, but I am keen to try it out as a comparison, I currently use a Quest Pro. 
Whats the quickest / easiset way to try it out on my PC? Add it as another device in the mobile app? Will it matter she used a different account to set it up? 
Once connected to the app, whats the best way to use the Q3? Via the same cable I use for my Quest pro ( which is not the standard link cable, but an aftermarket charging cable) 
I hear talk of VD etc.....is this needed ? 
Advice appreciated, thanks
If you use it with link, just cable, enable link and enjoy....the account on the PC app should be the one leading

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

thx, will try