Blurred Cockpit Labels / Gauges with DLSS ?

Jel
Go to solution Solved by Hiob,

I don´t know if this already has been reported so forgive me 🙂

Using DLSS since Stable 2.9 Update, all Cockpit labels as well as Gauges and LCDs seem quite blurred and partially unreadable.

Without DLSS, using good old MSAA instead, the labels are significantly clearer

WITH DLSS:

image.png

WITHOUT DLSS:

image.png

I played around with sharpness first from 0 to 0.3, to 0.5 and even above, no value had any effect on that issue.

Combined it with other new features such as SSS, nothing.

At that point i don´t know enough about those features to try anything else, so if anyone has any ideas - i´m listening 🙂 

Edited by Jel
  • Like 1

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

What is your target resolution and which DLSS mode are you using (quality/performance).

DLSS reduces the render resolution (for performance) and then applies Anti-Aliasing/Upscaling to regain some of the visual quality. But the quality will always be inferior to native resolution.

It depends strongly on what your starting point is. 4K and DLSS qualitiy and you will barely see a difference. 1080p and DLSS performance and, well, .... 

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Hiob:

What is your target resolution and which DLSS mode are you using (quality/performance).

1920x1080 - tried all modes so far without visible changes

• Solution

DLSS doesn't work that well with lower resolution. When you reduce the render resolution from there, there isn't much raw data left to interpolate from.

Do you really need to use DLSS? 1080p shouldn't be too demanding on the system (which of course I don't know the specs of).

Perhaps you post your specs and settings and I can try to suggest optimal settings - but I fear that you just reached the edge of the envelope for DLSS there. Not mnuch you can do to improve on it.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Yep thought so already. No worries, system can handle that resolution just fine without DLSS, i was just hoping i could maximize the results on terrain and objects.

ATM it looks like i´d better stick to MSAA.

3 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yep thought so already. No worries, system can handle that resolution just fine without DLSS, i was just hoping i could maximize the results on terrain and objects.

ATM it looks like i´d better stick to MSAA.

You may wanna try DLAA instead of MSAA. It gives better results for lower performance cost for me. (With minor downsides like ghosting position lights).

However, my impression is, that DLAA works best with high performance GPUs.

Edit:

The main benefit of DLAA to MSAA is the flickering of edges completely gone. That is why I happily live with the downsides.

Edited by Hiob