Donor, Team Member, PPLI...

Vox

Hello,

With the introduction of Donor and Team Member management from the aircraft or the mission editor I'm a bit confused.

On the screenshot, the 3 planes are F-16s whose status has been set via the ME. From left to right: Donor, Team member and nothing.

My radar is off and there are no Awacs.

I guess the F-16 on the right is participating in Liaison16 by default (PPLI?) Apart from the Team member, who informs me of his radar activity via the TXDSG system, the three fighters give me strictly the same information, such as their on-board fuel...

What distinguishes this F-16 from the donor?

Screen_231206_164332.jpg

3 hours ago, Muchocracker said:

Aircraft not set as donors do not contribute donated radar tracks to your MSI. You get their PPLI and only their PPLI

Donors contribute trackfiles. Members transmit the SPI's and such

This is also what I imagined  ... but in fact it is not the case.

So we have a PPLI which has the same properties as a donor?

(in the test: my F/A-18 with the radar off, an F-16 without status, no awacs, an IL-76 as target)

Screen_231207_085412.jpg

This is also what I imagined  ... but in fact it is not the case.
So we have a PPLI which has the same properties as a donor?
(in the test: my F/A-18 with the radar off, an F-16 without status, no awacs, an IL-76 as target)
Screen_231207_085412.thumb.jpg.ef30292e94218b50eae059c98e2cace5.jpg

All link participants will share their targets, when you have a “donor” that aircraft is allowed to contribute to your MSI track files. This is a Hornet only thing, and doesn’t exist yet…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no, this is not true. And is an issue with TNDL

All link-16 donated tracks contribute to MSI regardless of source(which that part is true, we don't have this part of MSI yet). Link-16 itself is limited in bandwidth so it cant support everybody donating to everyone at the same time. It's the reason why the DONOR list exists, so you can allocate track donation bandwidth to relevant aircraft. C2's donate to everyone per its Jset, F/F's have to be opt in.

Edited by Muchocracker
  • Like 1