Using Menu and Viacom together -- newbie question

Guyamn

I'm still figuring out the correct phrases to speak into the radio - such as "ground crew, turn on the power" (a-4e).

What I'd like to do is:

(1) be able to bring up options w/out saying "options".   

(2) keep the options open until I close it - I notice that when I let up on the mic, the menu goes away.   My key mapping for the F1-F12 commands are also on the throttle, so I can't keep the mic on, and select the menu commands at the same time.

ty!

What do you propose to say instead of "options" if you want options?

Regarding #2, have you looked at the "take" commands. These let you select options with your voice. No need to have all those bindings.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

All the commands are in the manual but the command you are looking for is: "Chief, ground power on", and works fine with the A-4E-C. (Yes they have added "ground" instead of chief too, in a version a while back). You obviously have to keep holding the transmit button just like in a real airplane.

The "options menu" is basically for custom commands that can't be totally coded, because VAICOM can't possible know about it, like which cargo you want to select and/or special commands that are added under the F10 options, except if if you have enabled import of special commands. As for mapping F1 through F12, that's not necessary and a waste of buttons. I haven't tried this myself, but you can map a ie. hat for up/ down, proceed/back for navigating the menu.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

You can bind a button to Options (but also need to bind a button to stop VAICOM listening after you have finished). There is a thread here

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat